• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

unidentifed component on new install

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrgreenjeans

I just used nLite to do a xp sp3 install and went smooth as butter. However, I've got a component that doesn't have drivers installed (exclamation in device manager) and windows will not 'find' the driver. I can't determine what it is though by connection it falls under the floppy disk controller? Any suggestions on how to locate and install the drivers for the device?
The only operational issue I've found is that when the computer goes into standby, the fans all continue to run.

I install did the chipset drivers, AMD's dual core driver, and all the standard drivers.

Help!

disable the floppy in the bios and see if it goes away, however a floppy should show with the drivers in XP.

Did you install your chipset drivers?

what drivers did you stream line with Nlite if any?

If you still don't know what it is after installing the chipset driver then try going to device manager, right clicking on it and going to properties. From there go to details and at the pull down look at the hardware ID. It should give a VID (VEN) and a PID (DEV). Looks something like this:

PCI\VEN_11AB&DEV_4320&REV_13

You can try to google that and see if any hardware matches pop up.

Thanks to all. It was an ATK driver that was missing, code was ACPI\ATK0110\1010110. Googled and found it was an ASUS motherboard driver missing. seems it's for the ASUS boards. I'll add it to my nLite image now!
Thanks again!

if it was just a driver missing (chipset?), you can add it after the install, should clear up the problem without having to reload with a new burned ISO....save you some reload time, you can still do the clean ISO for future installs when it borkes....

laterzzzz.................

Well, now the computer won't boot, safe mode either. I get a BSOD just as the windows logo starts to show. It hit in safe mode once and I didn't roll it back far enough or it's screwed. I guess a reload. I should've just ignored the d**n thing.

Ok. Disconnected the new drive and it booted. I dl'd the western digital dos program and am going to run that to set up the new drives. Hopefully we'll get over this.

I JUST WANNA GAME SOME!

OK. Hopefully final post. Unplugged the boot drive and plugged in the new velosraptor and booted into WD's data lifeguard and formatted the drive. It said due to the size being over 137g it required a windows plug-in. That took me by surprise since I already had a 320g drive installed, but followed the prompts, reconnected the boot drive and fired it up. all ran no probs! Thanks again for all the suggestions and help.

Now for some righteous BioShock!:thup:

Back