• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTZ block on a e8600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rattle

So i took the plunge and dove into watercooling, my results are mixed.
temps on my 4870 are so good I cant hardly believe it. My e8600 doesnt really seem to be that much better than when it was under my true 120.
Intel burn test at 4.0ghz at 1.2v yields about 54c, and in orthos about 40c.
4.5 at 1.376 is almost identical to my true temps maybe 5c less.
I have tried remounts, relooping for gpu priority and nothing better.

Should I have got a dtek fusion v2 ? anyone care to post orthos and intel burn test temps at similar clocks and volts?

naa, thats pretty good. Your pushing your CPU pretty hard. Not bad temps. What rad/fans you have and your ambient? The true is a super cooler and bet you had massive fans on it. Great air is close to okay water. Your GPU is doing great and your CPU isn't bad either.

Could have weak fans on that rad, it only shines at supersonic speeds.

5C drop is alot when your at your max.

ur temps are fine.
no use to get another waterblock they perform similiar.

the e8000 series display different temps.
I have a e8500 who is at 32c and a e8600 at stock 40c.
same block tested.
Go figure.

I would rather go with temps for the GPU to notice the difference.

Dont trust the temps on the e8000 series due to them being more calibrated to max load temps not idle.

I certainly hope that temperature is incorrect. I've seen a QX6850 @ 1.55v, 4.8ghz on a dtek fusion and his temps were low 50. Why would a 45nm dual core be higher than that?

Back