• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

extremely strange recurring occurrence

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bardos

i have a question. my mobo is the ga P35ds3l. running winxp sp3. i've had this board for about 8 months now and i'm very happy with it. overclocks well etc.
i'm running 3 sata hard drives with this board. called 0 1 and 2 in the bios. my C drive (boot drive) is on drive #2 and i have the config to boot from this hd first. so up to here no problem.

3 times over the past year, on boot up, I get that message that the file NTLDR is missing, can't be found and therefore cannot boot the comp. the first time i got this message i searched the internet on my other comp looking for solutions wondering what in blazes could be wrong. not sure why but i finally went into the bios and found that the boot order had been switched and had reverted to 0,1 ,2. naturally there is no root drive or windows installed on 0 drive so ergo no boot. a simple reconfig solves the problem.

my question is why has this ocurred? it happened yesterday for the third time. btw it's the only config that is changed in the bios when this happens.

wouldnt have a clue, but just plug your boot hard drive to sata port 0 and change the boot priority accordingly. job done. It can do what it likes then, it can eat ice cream on a penguin in the amazon for all you care. why wonder why. it works. deal with it bro. take a deep breath, and let it go.

aaaahh...

:) :) :)

Thats odd. I have no idea what would cause that, but perhaps you could swap the sata cables on the mobo so that your OS drive is #0.

Back