• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Use nvidia's mobo drivers or ASUS's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrgreenjeans

I've got the rig in the sig, A8N32-sli motherboard and have been using Asus's mobo drivers, version 6.82 since whenever. I found a 15 series driver on nViia's site for the 4 series nForce boards and wonder if it's OK to use them?

Just checking. I don't want to fubar a new Windows install already!:eh?:

I've got five rigs with the A8N32, the oldest running since June '06, the latest since Nov '07. Haven't tried the nVidia drivers as the ASUS drivers have been working fine for me for all rigs.

Do you have some kind of problem with the ASUS drivers? If so I'd like to hear about it. As you might guess these boards are kind of a specialized hobby of mine ... :)

Usually updated drivers signal improved performance. Thought I'd try these since there is a huge lapse in the series. Then again, if it ain't broke, why fix it? Thought I'd check before just installing the set.

This last install will not shut off the fans when it goes into standby? That's different.

I guess you're a fan of these boards? I bought this one when they first came out. I'm running the FX-60 chip and still haven't found the need to overclock this beast yet to run the latest games.

Back