• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Master Boot Record Error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jamesman32

I keep getting this message when I turn on my PC. It just started happening after I rebuilt my computer in another case. What exactly does it mean, and how can i fix it?

Nvm....I think I fixed it. I don't get the error anymore but now everytime I turn the PC on it says the floppy disk has failed and I don't even have a floppy drive. So then it tells me to press F1 to boot, which i have never had to do before, and now neither of my DVD drives show up in BIOS or Vista, and neither will read any disks. Any idea whats going on?

Have you had a look in your BIOS to check that amongst the drive settings, floppy is disabled?

Sounds like somehow, the PC thin ks there is a floppy drive there, but there actually isn't.

Check your boot drive settings, and make the main hard drive the 1st boot drive, and then it should simply boot each time as normal.

B

Alright that worked. I ended up having to switch my IDE cable. For some reason, one of my drives doesnt like being the slave. After that everything was recognized. Just had to disable floppy and switch the hard drive boot sequence

Back