• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Goldeneye: Source

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
kinda dumb if u ask me, there is no cross hair unless u use it with a key and it slows you down and most of the weapons kill you without really having to aim as long as you spread the fire around with the damage being too much, also there are only 3 chars to choose from and not many maps.

kinda dumb if u ask me, there is no cross hair unless u use it with a key and it slows you down and most of the weapons kill you without really having to aim as long as you spread the fire around with the damage being too much, also there are only 3 chars to choose from and not many maps.

Better than any game you've ever remade, I can tell you that.

There are no constant crosshairs, just like in the original Goldeneye. That's the point. I'm not sure what you're talking about but there's 9 players I know of and a bunch of maps. It's a faithful recreation of the original, so far, only with updated graphics.

There are no constant crosshairs, just like in the original Goldeneye. That's the point. I'm not sure what you're talking about but there's 9 players I know of and a bunch of maps. It's a faithful recreation of the original, so far, only with updated graphics.

the original goldeneye had different physics, speed of movement and didnt have mouse aim either moron and you didnt die every 3 seconds in it for every shot of almost every weapon.

the original goldeneye had different physics, speed of movement and didnt have mouse aim either moron and you didnt die every 3 seconds in it for every shot of almost every weapon.

No personal attacks are allowed. So you need to edit your post. Also triple, even double posting is frowned upon. You can make all those into one solid post.

Better than any game you've ever remade, I can tell you that.

Same goes with you, there are no personal attacks. Lets keep this clean and on topic.

I'm downloading it now, but the no constant crosshair is just like the original. On the N64 there was no constant crosshairs. And when you used it, it was slow, and overall just not useful. In the previous beta they did have the temple map, and it was very well done. The weapons the original were a little weird, I remember I use to be pretty good against people with my ppk, because I had aiming now, while they relied on auto aim.

If you're dying every 3 seconds, it's probably a ltk (license to kill) server. Also, you can get your point out without the name-calling.

the other problem is that there is only basic deathmatch not much in the way of objectives it seems what 007 game should really be like.

Played the latest version the past few days and while the levels/music are well done, the hit detection/damage and weapons need a lot of work. There's tons of bugs with damage which are game-breaking. Like having full hp+armor, and shooting someone without armor about 50x in the face, they miraculously survive then finally shoot you once and it kills (not golden or silver gun either). The ~0.75 sec invincibility in the N64 version that happens between every time you take damage really does not work on PC (why the hell did they put this in) and is causing lots of bugs like this. And with sniper rifle shooting someone in the face 10 times, they still don't die for some reason.

Some weapons are also terribly inaccurate like the Klobb or whatever, it has never actually fired a bullet inside the crosshair... always spreads outside even when doing single shots to snipe with (not holding down fire). Mines are insanely annoying also, should be rebalanced for PC even though I actually like using them (super ezmode).

I thought the mod was petty much dead? The main guy behind it apparently killed himself some time ago.

Edit:

Nicholas "Nick" L. Bishop, 27, Bellevue, passed away on May 24, 2006, at his home. Nick was born December 5, 1978, in Milwaukee, Wis., to Donald and Susan (Davids) Bishop. He was a graduate of Shawano High School. He was employed with ShopKo in Green Bay. Nick enjoyed working with computers. He was also a video-game enthusiast. He worked on a large team that developed the mod Goldeneye Source. He also enjoyed writing, both stories and screenplays.

Nick will be sadly missed by his parents, Don (Deborah) Bishop, Milwaukee; and Susan Davids, Green Bay; stepfather, Bob Price, Wausau; one brother, Danny Bishop, and one sister, Eve Bishop. He is further survived by many aunts, uncles and other relatives and friends.

Friends may call at Proko-Wall Funeral Home, 1630 E. Mason St., on Saturday from 3 to 5 p.m. Funeral 5 p.m. at the funeral home. Online condolences may be sent to Nick's family at www.proko wall.com.

In lieu of other expressions of sympathy a memorial fund is being established in Nick's name.

Yeah, he burned himself alive or something. Or maybe it was the toaster in the bathtub method. I don't know, bit morbid really.

But he also wrote this, which is even more strange:

And finally there is a part of me that is really looking forward to finding out the answer to one of life's great mysteries. Is there life after death? What is out there? So many people go about their daily lives unconcerned with the fact that they are nothing more than an ant upon a huge rock flying through a universe so large it can't even be imagined. The universe is so vast, what is my part to play in this thing called life? Nobody knows for sure what happens to our souls when we depart this plain of existence. I am going to find out. I think it's going to be something both unimaginable and great. I will see you on the other side.
Love,Nick

He was probably just depressed. Worked at a ShopKo and was 27.

Last edited:
Umm in my criticism I forgot to emphasize how good the music is in this mod. Some very well done remixes of the original N64 soundtrack:

and click on 'watch in HD'. That's just a small preview of a few tracks in the game.

Back