• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VGATrader.com win a FREE $150.00 video card!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
http://www.vgatrader.com/news.php

This site is like no other, it just started up, the man in charge is a good guy, I helped him with the security aspects so his site is Troll resistant.
The info you provide for this contest will not be sold nor shared. The reason for the info is one of the anti troll protocols I helped him with.

When your in the market to buy or sell your videocard, there's no site like this out there. Give it a try, you might like it. (I'm sure if you have any questions, he'll be around to answer them.

I'm signing up now! Any idea on what card it is? With card prices dropping so much it could be just about anything.

I like how he has the rules laid out, trading guidelines. NO BSing around, have to be very specific, no selling dead or non-working cards AS-IS. Sounds like a great place to get cards as soon as more people join :)

I really hope this site takes off. I remember when it first launched there where around 7 cards for sale now there are 0 :(

u guys ever think that SSS's acount got taken over by the maker of this vgatrader site. then that person on SSS's acount came here posted this tread up to get our information and distribute it... ever think of that :beer:

Registerd WITH heatware!

I am writing this against my better judgment.

Now, isn't this a promotion of another website or merchant or--whatever, which is specifically against OC Forum's rules?

As I said, I am saying this against my better judgment, because SSS is a respected veteran here on the OC Forum.

I said it because it caught my eye, not because I am motivated by malice. :beer:

Just got back from work and I see that Sam was kind enough to mention my service.
I have to give Sam a huge props for providing me with his advice at NO CHARGE!
If something is not clear about the site or you have a general question, let me know and I will do my best to answer it...
Regards,
Adam

I am writing this against my better judgment.

Now, isn't this a promotion of another website or merchant or--whatever, which is specifically against OC Forum's rules?

As I said, I am saying this against my better judgment, because SSS is a respected veteran here on the OC Forum.

I said it because it caught my eye, not because I am motivated by malice. :beer:

Hi!
It is basically a free service. I am not a merchant or anything like that. I understand the rules and what not, but if people will not know about this, it will never have a chance to take off.

Edit:
Here is some background history about the service (On Anandtech, but they have decided to not let me talk about the site in there):
http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=31&threadid=2155545

Here is some more info on how to use the service...

VGATrader.com is a fast, easy, and secure way of putting your video card for sale so that people on other message boards can see it.

In order to stay secure and comply with the way you trade over at ocforums:

1. As a seller check the following options over at the "Options" page of the "Sell Wizard" (IMPORTANT!)
  • "Sell my card to users with listed Heatware ID"
  • "Allow sale only to those users with Validated ISP Email"
  • DO NOT Check "Willing to ship the card internationally" (latter on, consider trading with Euro zone because the conversion rate is excellent).
  • Once someone that matches these conditions buys the card, make sure to send him/her a quick validation email to address registered with his/her heatware account.

2. As a buyer, when searching for video card, please use search filters
  • Check "Only users with Heatware ID"
  • Check "Only users with Validated ISP Email".
  • After buying the card, make sure to send seller a quick validation email to address registered with his/her heatware account.

When the deal is locked and in "Deal Pending" status both buyer and seller should follow up with each other...
This is very easy:
  • Go to "Account"
  • Go to "Deal Pending Items"
  • The username of your fellow trader is right there - and so are the PM and Email options...

Having questions?

or PM me at ocforums I will answer all concerns...

Regards,
A

P.S. I have talked to many people over the period of last year about the site. Most of them blew me right off. But there are few exceptions:
  • Joe Citarella - thank you for posting a note about us on www.overclockers.com
  • Sam (The OP) - provided for an invaluable insight in regards to troll proofing the site!
  • TonyH - One of the TrollHunters over at PCA has also contributed.
  • Scott Sherman - owner of bjorn3d.com has decided to create a thread about us here:http://www.bjorn3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25431
  • Mike Thomas - owner of www.gpureview.com helped a lot too. The "Research This Chipset" function on VGATrader.com is done with a close cooperation with gpurereview. Mike is a very nice guy and easy to work with too...

Last edited:
Back