• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX260 216 SC for $120

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There *IS* forgiveness. Corsair replaced a PSU for a guy who rubbed it on his carpet before putting it in his PC, who complained that it blew. That's INTENTIONAL damage and they replaced it free of charge.

Return policies on TV's, Blu-ray players and projectors don't have restocking fee, despite the fact that many people buy them for "the Big Game" and then return them afterward.

I see 10-15 returns a day from people who bought the wrong product, didn't LIKE what they bought, weren't happy with how much it cost. The only time we charge restocking fees is when it's a camera or a computer. And why not? We lose money on those products when we sell them at regular price. How much do you think we make when we sell them open box?

Retail companies are constantly taking losses just so the customer walks away happy. But that's not enough? They have to take 15,000 dollar hits during a dark economy or they get slammed by BBB?

I'm not saying YOU guys are wrong and I'm not spitting "vitriol" at you. What IS wrong is to expect some kind of extra compensation for a pricing mistake. Things like this happen and it's really a mistake, but you guys are crying witch and trying to get a free videocard at the cost of someone's job. It's disgusting and I hope you don't have to go through the same tragedy of getting fired over a mistake at your job because someone wanted to take advantage of your errors to get a free sandwich or coupon or discount.

ESSENAR +2

Guys, remember there's No such thing as a free Lunch..
Its whats wrong with People today..
The "ME" generation, Entitlement Society, GREED..
Pretty much Sums this up..

Well, better to laugh about it than to get upset, that's for sure. They've already been shipped so I'll just deal with it when they arrive. Hopefully I don't loose any money on this fiasco.
I was really hoping to replace the the 4 8800GTs I've got folding with some GTX 260s.

I'd be happy to lift 2 or 3 of those 8800GT's off yah when you do upgrade :D

funny though, i called both amazon and TD and they blame each other lmao. they both said refunding should only take like 5-7 days combined. Both return labels in my inbox, so whatever. Makes me weary of buying from either of them ever again to be honest, at least it costs me nothing.

funny though, i called both amazon and TD and they blame each other lmao. they both said refunding should only take like 5-7 days combined. Both return labels in my inbox, so whatever. Makes me weary of buying from either of them ever again to be honest, at least it costs me nothing.

I have never liked ordering from Tiger Direct, and I haven't for the past 3 years. However I do like Amazon, as long as I am ordering direct from Amazon.

im surprised none of you asked TD or amazon to correct the issue and send you the correct product instead of a refund. thats what i would want.

"Things like this happen and it's really a mistake, but you guys are crying witch and trying to get a free videocard at the cost of someone's job. It's disgusting and I hope you don't have to go through the same tragedy of getting fired over a mistake at your job because someone wanted to take advantage of your errors to get a free sandwich or coupon or discount."

That is throwing vitriol by insinuating that we are crying babies. Exactly what I was warning you not to do, because I knew someone would say something insulting in response to my post.

Thanks for being that person, Essener.

FYI, i didn't order one of these cards.

"Things like this happen and it's really a mistake, but you guys are crying witch and trying to get a free videocard at the cost of someone's job. It's disgusting and I hope you don't have to go through the same tragedy of getting fired over a mistake at your job because someone wanted to take advantage of your errors to get a free sandwich or coupon or discount."

That is throwing vitriol by insinuating that we are crying babies. Exactly what I was warning you not to do, because I knew someone would say something insulting in response to my post.

Grow up already burningcpu. If you can't see people crying about not having GTX260 216's shipped to them, or trying to massively exploit a companies simple input mistake, then you have some hard learning to do.

This forum has more mature responses than the EVGA forum though, which is why I love it here. Over there they're all getting pitchforks and torches and being all "lets stick together and file a class action lawsuit!!"

Wow, don't tell me to grow up just because we don't agree.

We agree fundamentally, but I think some of you guys are just going too easy on Amazon. They could have closed this thing out at any time, but elected instead to collect a ton of orders, and to only correct the problem after the fact.

hey you know the way i see it is this.

gtx 260 216 for $120 hmmm order a couple see what happens, the price is off the chain
so it never happens, BIG DEAL MOVE ON, they are handling it just fine WITHOUT IT COSTING US ANYTHING, they said I could reorder the cards if I wanted later. I said why should my $500 be tied up because of your mistake and they said there's nothing we can do. blah blah blah, we know the deal, people need to stop going on crusades, and people need to stop judging other people, after all how can you expect to be compensated for something that causes you NO HARM WHATSOEVER????

Wow, don't tell me to grow up just because we don't agree.

We agree fundamentally, but I think some of you guys are just going too easy on Amazon. They could have closed this thing out at any time, but elected instead to collect a ton of orders, and to only correct the problem after the fact.

And because there's no punishment for them in place, they can sit on the money for days or weeks until they refund. They may even get a few idiots to buy it at the regular price. The gains from this should outweigh the PR and customer service costs to process the refunds.

Essenar you make a very good point. Everyone of us that tried to take advantage of this "deal", if I may call it that, deserves what we got. We were greedy. We just wanted a good price on a good card, and we wanted to take advantage of whatever reason there was for the price being so low. We had the nerve to then get mad and proceed to take stabs at TD and Amazon and submit rude letters to them, for making a simple mistake. So what if you receive the wrong product? Shouldn't the price and fluctuating description on the page have tipped us off? Shouldn't we have been a bit more wary of what might happen? We need to stop bitching about it, and just send the products back. It's nobodies fault but our own, so we shan't put the blame on these companies. Image if it was you who made the pricing error and then your company received all of these complaints. You would be fired so quick your head would probably spin clean off. IMO, we deserved what we got, so don't blame this on TD or Amazon, blame it on your greedy self

It's not wrong to try to order the card for that price, but you guys should've been skeptical. Where the "wrong" began is with BBB complaints, complaining and being mad at TD and Amazon when this was clearly a typographical and listing error. Not a "bait & switch" conspiracy. I'm not trying to blast people, but you guys could be ready next time a deal like this comes along and just tell yourself, "If it's too good to be true, it probably is."

Guys, black Friday is around the corner, I'm sure there'll be deals for cards on Newegg, TD, Directron and various other sites. So rather than hanging out in line for a 42" Polaroid TV, in the rain, just stay home, wake up around 7-8 am at your own discretion, check out your favorite online retailers and reap the "real" benefits of a good deal. A legitimate good deal. :)

And because there's no punishment for them in place, they can sit on the money for days or weeks until they refund. They may even get a few idiots to buy it at the regular price. The gains from this should outweigh the PR and customer service costs to process the refunds.

Right, because they have people working there at 3 in the morning on Sunday waiting for stuff like this.

They're a company, just like Newegg and Wells Fargo and guess what, those places don't have people there on the weekends either.

Amazon doesn't "monitor" every sale they have go out, because quite simply, they're a shopping cart system. They order FOR you from a site, send your finance and order information to TD and TD ships it out.

As far as they were concerned, they didn't even know something was wrong until they came in to work Monday morning and saw their inbox flooded.

Is it alright for me to reprimand you as your boss for something that happened at work on your day off?

Now, if they elected to NOT refund you shipping charges and tried to charge you a restocking fee, THEN I would agree some due justice is deserved and compensation in order, but that's not the case yet is it? So when the dust settles, we'll see who "really" got "had" by this situation and those people, who lost shipping charges and didn't get their money back, have the right to complain.

I agree...I did order a card though but I knew the risk going in that it was probably a price mistake or listing error and I'm pretty sure the majority of ppl that ordered one knew that as well unless ur just flat out stupid....mistakes happen all the time...I don't know why ppl are complaining about it for since tiger direct is sending them a return label and you're getting your FULL money back...if they made you guys pay shipping to get it back then MAYBE you guys have something to complain about...just get your refund and move on....by the time you guys finish crying or complaining there would probably be a new card out.....

They're covering the cost of return shipping for the motherboards too? That's good if they are, that's really all they should be expected to do: issue full refunds to those who thought they were buying a gtx260 but got a motherboard instead, and then cover the cost of return shipping for the motherboard as well.

This forum has more mature responses than the EVGA forum though, which is why I love it here. Over there they're all getting pitchforks and torches and being all "lets stick together and file a class action lawsuit!!"

Agreeded!

That happens alot on the EVGA forums from what I have seen.

Poor or lax moderation probably.

Too bad it wsn't a deal but at least the companies are taking care of the mistake fairly with only the small hassle of having to bring it to a return shipping place. Small price to pay for taking a shot at a great deal.

like i said, why arent you guys asking for the card instead of a refund? they had it listed on their site for that product at that price. typographical error, big deal, its amazons error, and they should stick by what they advertise. i didnt get a chance to order one, but thats my 2c.

Back