• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800gtx temps... problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Colton H

Ever since i've had my 8800gtx its always been at around 60C-ish without load. Under load it goes up to about 75C. I've never really known if that's too high for the card or not. So my question is, are these temps normal? Fan speed is set at 100%.

nope... 8800gtx or any other G80 core just run HOT... my 8800GTS 640 is sitting at 59*C with the fan at 60% and i have seen it up round 85 loaded.

you might wanna take off the shroude and blow out all the dust... its simple 4 screws and the plastic part comes off revealing the hs.

nope... 8800gtx or any other G80 core just run HOT... my 8800GTS 640 is sitting at 59*C with the fan at 60% and i have seen it up round 85 loaded.

you might wanna take off the shroude and blow out all the dust... its simple 4 screws and the plastic part comes off revealing the hs.

Mine was the same. I downloaded Rivatuner and ran it at full slider to the left on 2D with 50% fan and 620Mhz with 3D and 100% fan. I set the 2D/3D to the right click launcher on the Rivatuner icon in the system tray and it brought me down to ~ 52C on 2D and ~75C Load. They run hot. My 260 runs ~10C cooler at 700Mhz.

Mine runs @ 63C folding all day long. I used riva tuner to run the fan at 100%.

You may have dust built up in the heatsink. I'd do what nd4 said and just check for dust.

My gtx runs about the same ~63c and ~75c loaded and oc to the specs in my sig.

Thats with the fan at stock settings. If I put it at %100 then shes loaded down at about 72c.

Back