• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Im a DIYer and I was wondering...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigDan3131

Which of these two laptops you would pick...

First is a MSI GX620 and the other is a COMPAL JHL90, the only diff I see is the MSI's vid card runns on gddr 3 while the compal is gddr2. I will be buying them from RK Computers as their resellers rating is quite good and the price is cheaper than the others out there.

Next question is...is there any word on when the mobile C2D chips will be price cut?

Oh, can either of these be oc'd?

Which of these two laptops you would pick...

First is a MSI GX620 and the other is a COMPAL JHL90, the only diff I see is the MSI's vid card runns on gddr 3 while the compal is gddr2. I will be buying them from RK Computers as their resellers rating is quite good and the price is cheaper than the others out there.

Next question is...is there any word on when the mobile C2D chips will be price cut?

Oh, can either of these be oc'd?

Get the one with GDDR3, it overclocks a bit better then the GDDR2.

Also Intel Mobile CPUs don't normally receive price cuts, as the majority of their sales are as OEMs and not as retail. If you're looking to buy a newer chip, I would recommend eBay as normally you can find some good deals on laptop CPUs there.

GDDR3 requires less voltage.

Usually you can't OC a laptop processor.

He's talking about the GPU.

I'm pretty sure the DDR3 version performs considerally better too..

For the OC question. Laptops do not OC.

1) The BIOS is usually limted to only what the manufacture wants you to see/change.
2) OCing means more heat. Laptops are limited in the amount of heat they can move.
3) OCing means more power. This means less battery time. This goes against what most people want in a laptop.

Back