• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Razer Barracuda AC-1 Control Panel Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LordFess

Registered
I am posting here hoping that there be might someone here that might be able to help me that owns a Razer Barracuda AC-1 Gaming Sound Card and has it installed on a Windows Vista operating system. My only problem with this card is it's software. It seems no matter what I do I cannot get the Razer Sound control panel to work properly. In the control panel there is a tool for surround sound with which you may listen to the different surround sound formats ...It uses the sound of a hellicopter circling round and round ......Well this does not work at all. I don't even have the button in the top right corner that turns this tool on...It's just missing....Also there is a collumn that expands to the right of the main panel where you can listen to differant sound effects that can be implemented.....This does not work either ...There is no sound.. I was just wondering if anyone else that has this sound card has experienced this problem and if anyone has found a resolution ?

Last edited:
Hello everyone!!! I finally got a solid responce from the tech support at Razer and this is their answer to my problem....."Due to the way that Vista handles sound, we are unable to provide a sound test button. Vista removed our ability to directly post sound, and you will need to use another source of sound to fine-tune your sound settings."

Well now doesn't that suck...:-(.... Oh well I still love the Barracuda AC-1 over the XFI Extreme Gamer!!

Hello
I too have this card. My question does not deal with the test button because I figured that out when I first got it and looked at the guide for it.

What I want to know is if you are having an issue with the Control Panel partly showing up after you exit a game, update a driver, or enable SLi (if you have SLi).
Does this happen to you?
Just to be clear; what I mean by partly; is that the Modes Tab and Advanced Tab are the only thing that show up in the desktop. If you open up the Control Panel either from the Tray Icon or the Application Folder it self; the rest of the Control Panel will show up.
Also when this happens their are four Applications that are a part of the software that show up in the Task Manager; which I list below.

1. Bottom Accessory
  2. Razer Barracuda AC-1 Gaming Audio card-B
  3. Razer Barracuda AC-1 Gaming Audio card-R
  4. Right Accessory Dialog

Just so that you know I too have Vista. Any thoughts from you or anyone on this issue. It did not originally happen when I first got the card. So I am thinking that something might be conflicting with it. The card itself works great. A lot better than my three XFi cards; which include the two Fatal1ty cards. It is just irritating that the control panel and a few applications pop up out of the blue when I do certain things.

Last edited:
The partial control panel pop-up happens to me as well.

I have XP and Vista installed on the same comp and it happens in both. I have seen at least one other person mention it (on Newegg reviews for that card).

I do have an Nvidia gfx card, but no SLI. (not sure if it matters)

Razer tech support is worthless (at least when it comes to this card). I'm pretty sure they just use some external company to "troubleshoot" any issue there might be until the customer gives up or after a month or two of useless replies to offer RMA (which is retarded because this is clearly not a hardware issue).

So as far as I am concerned this driver for Vista is beta (some games the Surround Sound does not work under Vista - just stereo, GH3 for example - it works fine under XP; if you switch between speaker configurations 5.1 to HD-DAI and turn on Dolby Digital Live then surround speakers get switched for a reverse rear 7.1 - i.e. back surround and side surround are switched, but it is not obvious in 5.1 setup even though the rear surround does not function properly until you go to 7.1 setup and unclick the box that does the switch - have to do that every time I switch), but I imagine the install base of this card is so low that they rather not waste tech's time on polishing the driver.

Considering how long it took them to get a working Vista driver out there is still a chance they might release a never version with fixes to these bugs, but I am not going to hold my breath.

I have not tried the 2.2b driver for Vista yet - I might (even though I believe it has issues of its own), but it's possible it would fix the pop-up, which annoys the hell out of me too.

i installes windows 10 now my AC1control panel willnot open it says its there but i cant get it to open

if you cant get it working you can give this a try
http://maxedtech.com/asus-xonar-unified-drivers/ (dont let the link disappoint you) UNi Xonar drivers are modded Windows drivers for the following cards:
Asus Xonar: DG, DGX, DG SI, DS, DSX, D1, D2, DX, D2X, HDAV, HDAV Slim, ST, STX, STX II, Xense.
Other C-Media CMI8788 audio chip based cards: Auzentech X-Meridian & X-Meridian 2G; HT Omega Claro Plus, 2, Halo, eClaro; Razer Barracuda AC-1.

Back