• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ultra VGA heatpipe cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bobsanction

So my friend gave me this heatpipe for my video card when it's fan melted, and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this particular one.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3804485&CatId=498

Havent found any reviews on it, and was hoping I'd be able to get some information here, since you guys obviously know wtf you're doing.

Currently running http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814145156 (Go ahead, laugh. It was cheap and I was desperate.)

Currently have a box fan blowing into my case to keep the whole thing cool. Any help and advice would be mucho appreciated.

hey, ghetto is back in fashion:), but as to the heatsink I would think that maybe a zalman replacement fan or one of the other makers of that type of video heat sink would have a replacement fan that would work. Now after saying that if you want to keep the ghetto style just zip tie a 120 mm fan to the top and go:)

To me it looks like more cooler than an 8500 needs but as long as it mounts ok it should do the job. But if you are going to spend that much on it I would recommend the ARCTIC COOLING S1 Rev 2 instead, for the same price. The S1 will be able to cool that 8500 passively, no problems.

I think he already has the ultra. If the fan's melted on it though, it might be a bit hard finding a replacement fan.

Rip that stock fan out, and strap a spare fan to it. The main issue you need to worry about is if the cooler has the correct hardware to mount to your card.

Before you buy that cooler, NO, we do not attempt to trade outside of the forum Classified areas. Next time will be harsher penalties than an infraction being given! - muddocktor, Forum Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
Back