• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tabula Rasa

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Is_907

So I know a lot of people hate this game but I just started playing Tabula Rasa yesterday and... it's way better than I expected.
I like the unique tactical FPS / RPG hybrid style a lot.

I'm wondering if anyone else here plays? You can pick up the boxed version on Amazon for $4.99 plus shipping or go to GameStop and get it for $9.99 ($14.99 for the collector's edition.)
(It's $19.99 downloadable from NCSoft.)

I'm playing on Cassiopeia and my characters' last name is Ginor. Mostly playing Drell Ginor right now.

I played it for a little while as well as being in Beta. I enjoyed my time with it. There is some fun stuff but I dunno... it did not really keep my interest long term though. However I don't get why people hate the game and heap scorn on it.

I played for a while... longer than anyone in my guild actually. It's fun for the 1st couple weeks and then it's nothing but rinse and repeat so you get quickly tired of it. I think people confuse hate for being tired of the game because of it's repetitive nature.

I played for a while... longer than anyone in my guild actually. It's fun for the 1st couple weeks and then it's nothing but rinse and repeat so you get quickly tired of it. I think people confuse hate for being tired of the game because of it's repetitive nature.

Every game is repetitive, even WOW. But the reason WOW is more successful is because it caters to the epeens with all the dumb-downed questing, kiddie graphics, etc.

So far my only qualm with TR is that there's no skill ratings for crafting... anyone can craft / deconstruct. (Which is nice at times since I like customizing my gear without having to train crafting or pay someone who has the skill... but I also like training my own skills.)

Considering that the first month of game time is included in the $5 / $10 game price tag it's worth trying for a month, right? ;)

Remove, look me up sometime while you're playing. I could use a reasonable and non crazy person to do a couple of the wilderness instance quests with ;)

i almost downloaded the trial for this to try it but just all the bashing i heard about it i never gave it a shot. Hmmm maybe ill try it.

I think there's a lot of games getting bashed to death because of wow. Don't get me wrong wow=crack but i think it's caused a lot of way over done bashing on other games.

But maybe i'll give it a try in my quest to find something new and fun to play.

Every game these days for pc seems to get put up to wow. Even on some gaming forums i see people have the actual nerve to try and bash on a pure fps game that wow is better lol.

Last edited:
I just got a certificate saying my character is in space or something.
I played beta and then I played during a special reinvite a couple months ago.

what type of game is this anyway i got it downloading at home while i'm at work.

3rd person shooter/rpg elements?

rumbl3: It's very RPG in content but the combat is 3rd person "shooter." There are still some turn-based elements to the combat because of the rate-of-fire and such... but it's not strictly turn-based (even under the surface.)

There should be some gameplay videos on www.grtr.com or on youtube.

Just installed and now updating game. I'll be trying it out this weekend and will look you up Is_907. :D

Remove: feel free to look me up on Steam or AIM (Is_907 on steam... AIM in profile) if I'm not in game.

Back