• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is it worth the extra $200?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Niku-Sama

alright its comming down to my needing something portable for school as i may be moving to go to school in another state and it may or may not be practical to take my huge tower for a while untill i find my owm place.

i'm looking at 2 acers, i like acers, i might buy an HP if it was a white hot deal.

i'm checkin out this one:
Acer - Aspire AS5735-4624 for $499, i like the fact it has a 10 key, the res wont bother me because i run a 37" hdtv at home at the same res. i have noticed these come in a range of video ranging from 950 to 4500, mabe its something to do with the age of the lap top but i wouldnt go for any thing less than 4500

i am also checkin out this one:
Acer - Aspire AS6930-6809 for $699, has a little bit more ram which i no biggie, ram is cheap, but it has a much larger hard drive. as well as some others.

i'm trying to get something with wireless n and atleast 2.0ghz, both of these are 2Ghz but is the T5800 really that much better than a T5300?

basicly it comes down to is a T5800 an extra gig of ram and twice the ammount of hard drive space and a much nicer looking lap top worth the extra $200

i am assuming they both have about the same ammount of battery life....2 to 2.5 hours also if any one else has any experence about these lemme know what you think of them

With the res, remember that you're using a computer instead of a tv - you'll want something higher than you would accept for a tv. That said, I don't think 1366 x 768 would be bad.

The video card's probably not going to be a big issue, regardless of what you get - unless you are planning on trying to game, in which case you will not be happy with the 4500MHD either.

no i use the TV as my monitor for my desktop in my sig, thats what i meant. i have a hard time explaining things some time.

and before any one says i think the whole lower res = more cpu strain is a load of crap

Acers low end models tend to ly on battery life, at least 2-3 years ago, they would say 2 hours but it really meant 1 hour.

well put it this way, for that $200, could you buy more ram and a larger HD yourself and install it ?

i could to be honest but i found a better deal and i am gonna post it in the cyber deals section

edit:
heres a link to it...
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=582994

it classified as a white hot deal considering the ram is expandable to 8 gigs, 45nm core 2 duo at 2Ghz and 1066Mhz bus and it weigs in a little lighter and has a neato remote and comes with vista home preimum 64 bit....

Last edited:
i could to be honest but i found a better deal and i am gonna post it in the cyber deals section

edit:
heres a link to it...
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=582994

it classified as a white hot deal considering the ram is expandable to 8 gigs, 45nm core 2 duo at 2Ghz and 1066Mhz bus and it weigs in a little lighter and has a neato remote and comes with vista home preimum 64 bit....

That is a pretty good. You can also keep an eye out on slickdeals and the like for coupon codes for the Dell outlet where you can often catch a really good deal.

Back