• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with Gateway 7322

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blakehenry00

First, This is not my lappie but an older lady's at the local golf club. Alright, so here how the problem goes. When ever I try to boot to windows, It says Installing drivers and devices. Whenever I try booting into safe mode it say "Windows is not fully installed, Please run setup." even though that I have tried to use the gateway recover program. (Lappie did not come with XP home disk) So, What can I try to get this thing up and running again? :bang head

Thanks.

It sounds like someone tried to reinstall windows, but borked it and you're where you're at now.

Only way around it that I know of (since the recovery software didn't work) is to try to locate someone who either has a recovery CD for that model, or try a repair install with an identical windows disk.

I would try and do a fdisk and clear the HD. then try to reinstall windows via the restore disk. This way you will rewite the MBR on the hd.............depending on the model of laptop some of the older one kept their bios shadowed on the HD

Last edited:
Back