• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte EP45-UD3P

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Picked up a new q9650. It is a C chip which I had never heard of until recently. Seems to be a good clocking CPU.

Hello all, I apologize if this has already been asked/answered here or somewhere else in this forum, but where can I find a basic guide to how overclocking works for n00bs like myself? I built an extensive water cooling setup so I could start playing around with overclocking, however, everywhere I look to find answers all the questions are well over my head. I'd like to ask you guys questions to learn more but I think at this point I'd just annoy the majority of you. Anyone know of a guide or website that I can look at to start?

Thanks

PS. If I wanted to do a mild overclock for the mean time from 2.66Ghz to 3.2Ghz, would there be more than just raising the fsb from 333 to 400? (First example of annoying question)

PS. If I wanted to do a mild overclock for the mean time from 2.66Ghz to 3.2Ghz, would there be more than just raising the fsb from 333 to 400? (First example of annoying question)

yeah, basically keep raising the fsb slowly, and when the cpu can no longer boot, add some more voltage.

keep an eye on ur temps

Hello all, I apologize if this has already been asked/answered here or somewhere else in this forum, but where can I find a basic guide to how overclocking works for n00bs like myself? I built an extensive water cooling setup so I could start playing around with overclocking, however, everywhere I look to find answers all the questions are well over my head. I'd like to ask you guys questions to learn more but I think at this point I'd just annoy the majority of you. Anyone know of a guide or website that I can look at to start?

Thanks

Look for a STICKY from a guy named GRASKY here. He wrote a wonderful guide.

Was able to lower vcore a little more at 4.4ghz. Working on 4.5gh stable now at 1.376v.

Wow bro, your starting to make me jealous. :drool: That's an awesome OC you got going on there, congrats!:beer:

Thank you. I am very happy with this chip.

Ran this last night with some cold air blowing on the rad. Couldn't do the 1.376v I had hoped for but maybe with some more tweaking. A short run but was afraid of condensation leaving the ac blowing on it over night.

Last edited:
OMG! I cannot believe what my chip and this mobo are posting! its the second highest OC (and my only other OC) i have successfully completed. I found out about the Easy Tune 6 program, and WOW! It really makes this mobo so easy to OC, that even a caveman can do...nevermind. You get the picture.

I chose the Green selection in the Easy Tune program, and WHAM, OC throught the MFing roof. Unless im reading CPUz wrong, it says im running it at 4.0 ghz+!!!!

I used an E8600 (not sure what stepping, i will find out, i bought it from a forum member here), but it passed a 12 hour Prime 95 last night, no hitches!

I will post my Glory Pics (that phrase sounds...wrong), tonight!

Best board EVER!

yeah its pretty great. If it had SLI i would be rocking it too

and yes we have the geico comercials here

thanks for of the great info - it was all good info that helped me decide to buy one.

Yeah I'm planning on getting a second one for another build.

Did anyone get any recent good deals?

Everything except multi, FSB and PCIe set on auto for 400x10. Anyone have suggested bios settings to manually set PLL, VTT, etc to help lower v
Core?

Attachments

• 4ghz web.jpg
    4ghz web.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 868
Last edited:
here's a "spreadsheet" (not really a spreadsheet but didn't know what else to call it... "settings log, BIOS log", ya that's it for the UP45-UD3P. I tried searching for one but couldn't find one and thought others might want/need it to save their settings. this is my 3.8 stable system. Please, if you see anything I can tighten up, let me know...THANKS!
Gigabyte EP45-UD3P M.I.T. settings

Robust Graphics Booster [Auto]
CPU Clock Ratio (Note) [8x]
Fine CPU Clock Ratio [+0.5]
CPU Frequency 3.8 ghz (448x8.5)
***Clock Chip control***
>>>Standard Clock Control
CPU Host Clock Control [Enabled]
CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) [ 448 ]
PCI Express Frequency (Mhz) [ 100 ]
C.I.A. 2 [Disabled]
>>>Advanced Clock Control