• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte EP45-UD3P

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am having one hell of a time trying to push past 400 on the fsb. I'm upping volts playing with timings and everything else but I just can not get it to post into windows at 400 or over. I've tried bumping down my multi and upping my fsb all to no avail. So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Edit: I am running a Q6600. right now I have it at 385 with a 9 multi and I am running 3d benches without a problem.....

What are all your voltage settings? What NB strap and RAM multiplier? Is your RAM DDR2-800+?

Ram is GSKill 1066 pc2-8500 5-5-5-15 rated for 2.0-2.1v
As soon as this bench gets done I will go into bios and report back with my current settings. Also tomorrow I can try another chip, I have a E6400, or a Pent D 930 that I could give a whirl
Edit: Ram timings running at 5-7-7-20, Vcore @ 1.40, Cpu Termination @ 1.32, Cpu pll @ 1.61, Cpu reference @ .791, DRam @ 1.9. Also CPU is on WC and @ 26C with 1.4 through it

Last edited:
What's the NB voltage, NB strap, and RAM multiplier?

You still have voltage headroom. Intel's absolute max is 1.55v for both vcore and termination. I ran PLL at 1.8v and Termination at 1.5v for my 24/7 OC with a E8400.

Ram multi is @ 2.50A. I haven't messed with any NB settings because i am not familiar with this bios and the labels. This is the first time that I have worked with intel, and the labels are different from the 2 boards I have OCed using AMD

First, try using a RAM multiplier with a "D" at the end, that means you'll be using the 400MHz NB strap. That will reduce stress on the NB.

cattripppp, it might sound silly, but could you have a bad chip? maybe with a 400fsb limit? also what ram you running?

It could very well be this. I had a E6400 that would not do anything past 380FSB and another one that would not go past 400FSB... My third chip was the one that got me to 500+

First, try using a RAM multiplier with a "D" at the end, that means you'll be using the 400MHz NB strap. That will reduce stress on the NB.
I will give this a go this afternoon
It could very well be this. I had a E6400 that would not do anything past 380FSB and another one that would not go past 400FSB... My third chip was the one that got me to 500+
If what Matt recommended does not work then I will swap out the chip

My MCH Frequency Latch is at 266MHz and my multi is 2.5A. There is no way for me to choose a multi with a "D", my choices are 2.5A,3.0A,4.0A
Ok, I was able to break through the 400 wall! I just kept adding volts slowly until it broke through. What follows is a list of my setting through the list. If someone could please let me know where I have more headroom I would be very appreciative. Thanks
MCH Frequency Latch: 266MHz, Mem Multi: 2.50A, Mem Frequency: 1000 (rated for 1066 so I know I have room there), Timings 5-7-7-20, Vcore 1.44375V, CPU Termination 1.360V, CPU PLL 1.650V, CPU Reference .846V, MCH Core 1.22V, MCH Reference .861V, MCH/DRAM reference 1.000V, ICH I/O 1.590V, ICH Core 1.200V, DRAM Voltage 2.000V (rated for 2.0-2.1), DRAM Termination .900V, Channel A Reference .900V, Channel B Reference .900V

Last edited:
You need to set the latch to 400MHz or Auto to select a "D" multiplier, D = 400MHz latch. If your latch is set to Auto, then all the multipliers and latches are available.

A = 266MHz latch
B = 333MHz latch
C = 200MHz latch
D = 400MHz latch

With your latch at 266MHz, more stress will be put on the NB. You have room on the vcore, PLL, and FSB Term voltages. I'd loosen your latch, push FSB, and increase voltages when needed.

If your latch is set to Auto, then all the multipliers and latches are available.
That was the key that I needed!!!! I thank you sir. I think I have the settings pretty well figured out now. Now I am going to push it on water to set up my goals to go cold! Thanks again! :beer:

my board is hitting a FSB wall at 550MHz. would a different BIOS release surpass this by chance? :shrug:

Back