• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HIS 4850 $125 AMIR w/free ship @ the Egg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If 4850's will be getting really cheap, what's going to happen to the 4550s and 4670s and 4830s? For the older games I play, the lesser cards will still be overkill. :)

Good deal, better than what I got the same card for a week ago.

Was $164 with a $30 rebate and the HIS iClear card, which does absolutely nothing from what I can see. I had to pay shipping on mine though, DOH!

If 4850's will be getting really cheap, what's going to happen to the 4550s and 4670s and 4830s? For the older games I play, the lesser cards will still be overkill. :)

At $150-ish right now, the 4850 is really cheap. It's been steadily declining, so at the current rate of decline by the end of December it should be in the $100-125 range, plus discounts/rebates. Obviously the other cards will be equally cheap. The 3850/3870 have just about been priced out of the market, no way I would buy one or a 8800 right now for $100.

Nice deal, mine was $145AR when i purchased it in july but i still didn't get the rebate so its more like $170 for me. If my board's second slot wasn't at x4 i probably would of bought this lol.

Nice deal, mine was $145AR when i purchased it in july but i still didn't get the rebate so its more like $170 for me. If my board's second slot wasn't at x4 i probably would of bought this lol.

Rebates can sometimes take six months maybe more to receive. So you may still see it.

Rebates can sometimes take six months maybe more to receive. So you may still see it.

I know people fear this, but with my recent build, I got all my rebates back that were through newegg/reputable companies (which was 100% of my purchases).

At $150-ish right now, the 4850 is really cheap. It's been steadily declining, so at the current rate of decline by the end of December it should be in the $100-125 range, plus discounts/rebates. Obviously the other cards will be equally cheap. The 3850/3870 have just about been priced out of the market, no way I would buy one or a 8800 right now for $100.

Well, with MIR right now 9800GT at $100 and 9600GT at ~$70-80 are either different pricepoints or better price/performance than ATI offerings at similar prices. It's just that they are so darn close that price doesn't play as big a role in the decision.

$25 more for a HD 4850 over a 8800GT (er, I mean 9800GT ;))? I think I would take the HD 4850 anyday don't you think?

$25 more for a HD 4850 over a 8800GT (er, I mean 9800GT ;))? I think I would take the HD 4850 anyday don't you think?

Exactly, for $25 more it's a definite 'must buy'. The prior generation cards are going extinct at the fastest rate I've ever seen in all my years as an enthusiast. It has everything to do with the low price point for the latest gen stuff. The price discrepency just isn't great enough to make the older cards a viable option whether you figure that the newer cards are superior in every way (most importantly they're significantly faster at stock) for what I would consider a nominal price difference. I can easily spend $25 in a couple weeks on coffee at starbucks :p.

Yea, if game performance is the overriding goal. Some people might want folding performance with almost as good gaming, or lower power draw. I'm just saying it's an option and a 9800GT is less in the end, and at $70-80 the 9600GT doesn't have an equal from ATi so they aren't quite direct competitors. The every $25 pricepoint stuff does make deciding annoying...it's always just a 'little more' for the next thing up. This deal is really nice for gaming though!

Last edited:
Well I'm in, time to upgrade the 8800gt and put it in my second rig

Back