• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bios problem on lanparty ultra d

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ccphil55

I have a lanparty ultra d not sure if its the sli one. i just bought some corsair xms ram to get myself to the 2gb mark. As i was just starting to get them to overclock nicely it went blank, wouldn't even post. after clearing cmos via the pins and official DFI procedure for a full cmos clear. now i can get the system to run, even boot windows off of my backup drive. However i can no longer enter system bios. when i hit del to enter bios i just get a black screen with a small line in the upper left hand corner. I tried reflashing the bios from windows with the 704.bta bios which is what i've been using for years. It flashed just fine, but i still cannot access my blue screen system bios. What can i do with this board, or recommendations for a new board if this one is now just a paper weight.

that's what i first thought too, so i went back to my old ram, same problem. i've even tried doing one slot one stick at a time with my good old set and still nothing. I've just never heard of partial screwing up bios like this while still maintaining some functionality of the computer.

Back