• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 retention bracket

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raIDERgeek

I had to send my board back and I had to rip off the double sided tape off the bracket to get it off the board. What kind of double sided tape do you guys recommend?

the tape isnt really needed except to hold it in place while you bolt it through. Any double sided tape should work fine for that

For the back of the mobo? Any double sided tape will do as it's just to hold the rear bracket in place. Try and find some 3M stuff that comes in white.

You don't even really need tape. I just set bracket on table and then looking through CPU mount holes line it up. I do recommend that you put something to insulate bracket from board as to not short anything out.

I would imagine it would be hard to hold it place well putting on the heatsink. yeah I used the plastic cover that came with the bracket

Back