• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just need a thumbs up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

clarnp49

I just built a machine I did alot of research on before I started. Just kinda need a thumbs up and finger pointed in the right direction to continue.

As my signature states the specs of the machine I won't repeat them here. When I did the CPU-Z Validation I was surprised to see the Core Speed so low for the Processor type. Trust me I don't notice the difference but I am reading something wrong or is that really where it sits?

I am using stock everything I haven't messed with the BIOS at all, I was told not to medel with things I didn't understand. IF I need to adjust something to make this thing run even better I am all for it. Stock CPU fan cooling and 3 fans in the case, one side fan is direct on the CPU with a little tube that came with the case to port the air right at it. The computer sits next to the window and sucks the nice dry cool air into the case onto the Processor and then sucked out the back.
I am looking at a water cooling setup and will be purchasing one in the next 2 days. It's ganna be a Koolance setup with custom water blocks.
Ideas or opinions on this direction?
The room air is pretty hot as well as the case air given the external air is direct to the CPU and then blown into the case.

I value all opinions and look forward to hearing your comments. Thanks for putting up a forum to come learn more information, I have been a fan of this site for many years but just joined because now I have a setup to be proud of.
Also just because I know it's got a questions sometime, this system isn't just a look and see system. I am currently getting into the Video Editing Field so I thought sure why not. Also I used to be a big Unreal Tournament Gamer, never had a machine to run very long with.

well accroding to your sig it looks like a pretty good computer:thup: The low core speed could be because of your AMD quad core??? im not too sure on amd cpus. but yeah not sure if you really need water cooling with your set up though unless you plan to o/c the crap out of it :)

Back