• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water cooling solution for i790ultra (eVGA)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BioTuned

I am getting a bit tired of the NB temps. I am in search of a waterblock for the i790 ultra chipset along with mosfet and south bridge (heatsink) cooling solution. Do you have any recommendations?

- BT -

for northbridge you can go with the Swiftech MCW30 for 30 i think. its got good flow and performance. or for looks, and performance the Enzotech one is really sexy, but costs $50

for southbridge evga has a one to replace it with, otherwise a big ol' block of copper will work (assuming no sli)

and for voltage regs same thing, blocks of copper

i was doing a little research but i didn't find anything about the nb block. if you say that swiftech will fit the nb than i don't mind. I would rather spend 30 than 50 for something that will not be seen much.

However, what i cam across is that thermalright nb/sb sink will fit the sb, and their mosfet sinks will fit the mosfets on the board, but i am not sure which ones for sure (for mosfets). I will be going SLI in near future, or maybe even T-SLI. What do you recommend for mosfets? I am not planning on water cooling them.

Also have you triedtaking off the whole heatsinks and replacing the old paste/pads? My board wouldn't post video, i did this in a last desperation and it worked, after doing some research i found common forum posts about this streched all over the internet, people were swapping out paste and solving their problems.

TIM is already swapped on the nb and sb. The fan that comes board doesn't work the way i want it to. I have all of my fans controlled, and leaving that sucker fan uncontrolled is ear exploding. I need to water cool it.

Does anyone know if the 780i waterblock from dangerden will fit the 790i ultra.

Back