Member, formerly Surfrat TechtonicPC's Avatar

Artifacts in WoW

Not sure if this is a good spot for this, but I am getting artifacts while playing WoW. I have a ATI 1900 series card with 512mb ram.

If I click the windows key and go to desktop and then back to WoW it will usually correct the problem for a while, but it eventually comes back.

Anyone else had these problems? Think it is the card, the drivers, or the game?

I have updated to the most current driver release.

I am running at reso of 1680 X 1050.

I am considering upgrading my video card and switching back to NVidia. I was thinking maybe a 260?? Any thoughts?
    COOLING: Lamptron Touch, XSPC RX360, Swiftech MCP655, Lund Reservoir, Koolance 370

http://valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/85tlfw-4.png

I'd assume you've had that card for a long time? It's probably too dusty (take it out and clean it with an air can or vacuum) or it's wearing out if it's been running OC'd. My 3 year old X1900XT was wearing out regardless of cleaning it.

Just upgrade since it's a very old card anyway. GTX 260 or Radeon HD 4870 for the same price are both a very good buy. Whatever you do though, do not get a multi-GPU card for WoW; that game really hates multi GPU cards and lots of people have problems with them.
    Asus P5Q Pro
    Q9550 E0 @ 3.8 Ghz 1.25v
    XFX RHD 5850 (max stable 1025/1225/1.33v)
    6GB G.Skill PC8500
    Corsair 550VX
    Windows7 Ultimate x64

Member, formerly Surfrat TechtonicPC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by don'tknow View Post
    I'd assume you've had that card for a long time? It's probably too dusty (take it out and clean it with an air can or vacuum) or it's wearing out if it's been running OC'd. My 3 year old X1900XT was wearing out regardless of cleaning it.

Just upgrade since it's a very old card anyway. GTX 260 or Radeon HD 4870 for the same price are both a very good buy. Whatever you do though, do not get a multi-GPU card for WoW; that game really hates multi GPU cards and lots of people have problems with them.
    Yea card has been around for couple years now...It has been a great card though. As Far as dusty, i clean out the case every other month or so, but yea, it probably is time for something new.
    COOLING: Lamptron Touch, XSPC RX360, Swiftech MCP655, Lund Reservoir, Koolance 370

http://valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/85tlfw-4.png