• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

e7500 chip simple overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

radaro

Got my hands on the e7500, runs great out the box!!! Decided to do a small overclock, upped FSB to 1200 running stable at stock volts. Memory timings at 4-4-4-12 at 2.2V. 3.3GHZ so far with much more to come!:attn:
http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp186/raydaroreilly/untitled.jpg

e7500 Proc, EVGA 680i, Patriot DDR2-800, Antec 420W PSU, Antec 900 case, Zalman 9700 Cooler, EVGA 7800 GT.

Last edited:
Tried 1666 FSB Won't boot. Even under higher volts 1.4. I am a noob, I know, any advisory would help. Although happy with 3.6 at stck volts. Would like to help being the first? to post an OC on this chip.:screwy:

the lack of a CPU VTT and CPU GLT voltage control on 680i greatly affects ocing of 45nm cpus... you would actuall have better luck ocing on the older P965 board then 680i with that chip.

ghost,
E7400's are R0 rev's
http://processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SLB9Y

radaro,
i would lower the multi to 10x and hit 400fsb. though you will prollly have a hard time on a 680i board. may need to switch out to a P45 based board for better ocing.

I'm using the 680i B/C it was free. I'm broke and traded a DG965WH and an intel duo 1.86 for this setup. My other setup was stable as shhh. But could not adjust Volts.But decided to OC this chip B/C I could. Will not buy a new Mobo to get the higher OC. But do appreciate the advice. If I lower the Multiplier I'll still need to up the FSB to hit 4GHZ? Why would I lower the Mult?

If I lower the Multiplier I'll still need to up the FSB to hit 4GHZ? Why would I lower the Mult?

works either way lower multi means higher fsb. higher fsb means better overall system performance. you may actually need to use more cpu v to get to 4ghz.. to me it was just a starting point to use the 10x multi and 400fsb since that equals 4ghz. i know 680i can do 450ish+ on 65nm dual cores so it shouldnt have a problem with 45nm duallies. just like i said though having control of cpu vtt/cpu gtl voltages helps greatly. do you know what rev board it is or who from? like is it a EVGA 680i board and a A1/AR/T1/TR board?

not sure what you mean by cooling on air is on lock down...what heatsink are you using? my only other concern is the psu may not be able to handle the load of a higher oc'd system.

By lock down I mean Zalman 9700. Iknow my PSU is weak but, it is stable and can push out the volts since I only run 1 HDD and 1 DVD drive. Plus the Vid Card is only run off one 6pin. Not tryin to sound like I know everything though B/C I know I don't.

well the 9700 is a decent heatsink but isnt a oc'ers first choice.

have you tried more voltage yet and increased the fsb ?

Wilol give it a rest for tonight and see what 3.6 runs at. See if its stable and will hold at stock volts. Thanks for the help. Will try higher tomorrow. :beer:
Running at 41C at idle. What's a good program to test at full load?

Last edited:
Prime 95 for testing full load, as well as Orthos

I love how this new chips have a high multi :D it would be so easy to hit high numbers if it was equipped with the right parts and cooling.

Okay first post was with an 18 pack of beer in the belly:)
Core V:1.33125
FSB:1.4
SPP: 1.25
MCP:1.525
HT Nforce SPP<->MCP: 1.25
FSB 1399 = 3.847 Ghz
Going to run prime 95 on last boot with these volts.

Alright at 1479 FSB, 1.3375 CPU volts. Prime 95 crashes on In Place Large FFT and Blend Tests. 1479 FSB = 4.067GHZ. Will try 1444 FSB @3.970 GHZ with Prime95 running while I sleep for work, 10 hour shifts are a BB. Temps are about 45c full load, from what I can tell. Anyone know of a good (accurate) temp program that runs in back round?

Last edited:
Back