• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got my XP2000+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
AXIA said:
it is pointless to unlock the XP2000 since it already has the 12.5X multiplier which is the defualt maximum for most motherboards. Unless, your motherboard handles higher multipliers, it wont be worth the trouble.

What a load of nonsense.

I can't achive 169 x 12.5 on AGKCA sample processor - so I unlocked it to get the high FSB and increase performance that way.

Those who don't have high FSB's find it difficult to advocate the practice.

If anything over 150MHz FSB was going to damage my HD - my HD should have been damaged for over 12months as I've not been below 150MHz for that long (some people still haven't made it above that).

People - I know this is XP2000+ but it is a very early sample and as such is based on a very early stepping that is just an example of how far a certain core could be pushed stably.

Placid said:

Either he's not using air cooling or lives in alaska with no heat.

Um, not true. Hes using dual pelts on a MCX462. He also lives in Cali. He's been the guru over there for quite some time.... check out the forums sometime...

Jester1 said:
ya should be able to get more than that outa it , dam thats not even a 100mhz Overclock :p , i remember i got 100mhz outa my 166mhz P1 go up to 266 :)
you gotta remeber that hes got the fsb to 168 thats not a bad oc.

Myself and I said:
Anything over 150 fsb your looking to damage you hdd or corrupt your hdd permently. even if i did 12x 150 fsb it would give me 1807 mhz , right now i am at 143 fsb 12.5x running 1795mhz 100 percent stable. no problems. I dont think its worth unlocking even to get a higher fsb. I wish i could get 144- 145 but i think the only way is to do a voltage mod or mem mod . I m not going to risk damageing the board for that. 120 mhz overclock is good for me.
Thats a bunch of crap. My harddive had no problem running at 166 fsb. Also it is better to have a higher fsb than a high multiplier.

Just one thought guys: If I had an AthlonXp 2000+ CPU, wouldn't bother if I couldn't overclock it to much! You lucky ones having those Ferraris, you can forget overclocking (can you??) for a while and enjoy the speed!

AXIA said:
it is pointless to unlock the XP2000 since it already has the 12.5X multiplier which is the defualt maximum for most motherboards. Unless, your motherboard handles higher multipliers, it wont be worth the trouble.

well you need to update your brain software dude(joke !:D)
bro for motherboards that arent ready for the xp youll need to update the bios and then youll get access to upto and sometimes over 15x multiplyer! my kk266 has 14x in the bois update that im using and the PLUS version has it already as ive had both!

also o think that wild andy C's overclock demonstrates an impressive FSB overclock that has plenty of room for improvement and hes no newby there so you need to cast your eyes on where he has concentrated his efforts...................

What kind of divisor options are on the 8KHA+? Do they go to five or six? Sill, a 168MHz bus without a clock speed increase is impressive. My 8KHA can't go above 137 stable. Darn USB keyboard.

Wahoogie said:

Um, not true. Hes using dual pelts on a MCX462. He also lives in Cali. He's been the guru over there for quite some time.... check out the forums sometime...

Yeah, he and Matt were going at it for a while there were'nt they?
I know that the two of them were looking to crack 180 fsb about a year ago. Both got it...

Back