• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got my XP2000+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
wild_andy_c said:

I've never achieved any ungodly speeds !!!

Lies, lies all lies!

Maybe they were just ungodly to me then!

EDIT:

Heh, just found my two XP 1600s sitting on my doorstep! Board's not here to do some gloating of my own though. :(

Last edited:
Jon said:

Lies, lies all lies!

Maybe they were just ungodly to me then!

EDIT:

Heh, just found my two XP 1600s sitting on my doorstep! Board's not here to do some gloating of my own though. :(

You little devil !

Being one of the only AGKCA 2000+ chips there are (I diidn't pay for it don't worry) it won't go anywhere unless I get the Vapochill out of the closet - which I don't fancy doing at 9:35pm 'cos I'll end up not going to bed till 3:00am knowing me when I start with that thing.

Unlocked it and started to tweak the FSB some but it is maxed at stock speed of 1667MHz - It craps out at 1710MHz - and I'm in the stable zone at 1688MHz - so I'm happy ! Cost me nowt - got it from work - bobs yer uncle !

wild_andy_c said:

Unlocked it and started to tweak the FSB some but it is maxed at stock speed of 1667MHz - It craps out at 1710MHz - and I'm in the stable zone at 1688MHz - so I'm happy ! Cost me nowt - got it from work - bobs yer uncle !

Holy Toledo. I've seen XP 1500+ OC higher then that!

ya should be able to get more than that outa it , dam thats not even a 100mhz Overclock :p , i remember i got 100mhz outa my 166mhz P1 go up to 266 :)

Wahoogie said:
OPPAINTER over at Icrontic.com has gotten some pretty impressive clock speeds on his XP2000+, his is running at 2.05 ghz!

Either he's not using air cooling or lives in alaska with no heat.

My AthlonXP 1900+ (XP2200+);) @ 1.8GHz runs all apps flawlessly with 100% stability with heat temperatures never exceeding 50c and air is only used here.

I use 150MHz bus (300ddrFSB).

XP2200+ ... opps, I mean XP1900+ rulez!

edit:
OK, when I can get ahold of an Abit motherboard with the KT333 chipset, I will run the XP1900+ @ 2.00GHz (166.66 x 12)
And power it with brute force like 2.15V

Life will be good!

Jester1 said:
ya should be able to get more than that outa it , dam thats not even a 100mhz Overclock :p , i remember i got 100mhz outa my 166mhz P1 go up to 266 :)

Yeah but then I don't know how to overclock and I don't know what I'm talking about either

it is pointless to unlock the XP2000 since it already has the 12.5X multiplier which is the defualt maximum for most motherboards. Unless, your motherboard handles higher multipliers, it wont be worth the trouble.

The 8kha+ goes to 15X in the BIOS and AMD also remaps the faster CPUs so they will be recognized correctly by the motherboard.

More importantly, the advantage of unlocking the processor is to be able to "lower" the multiplier so you can achieve a higher FSB. For example, both 15*133FSB and 10*200FSB* will yield 2G, with the performance advantage generally going to the higher FSB.

Don't be too hard on "wild_andy_c", he's still learning. j/k

?

Anything over 150 fsb your looking to damage you hdd or corrupt your hdd permently.
even if i did 12x 150 fsb it would give me 1807 mhz , right now i am at 143 fsb 12.5x running 1795mhz 100 percent stable. no problems. I dont think its worth unlocking even to get a higher fsb. I wish i could get 144- 145 but i think the only way is to do a voltage mod or mem mod . I m not going to risk damageing the board for that. 120 mhz overclock is good for me.

Back