• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can you hot swap the battery on AC with Dell Latitude C640?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My CPX (older version of the C-series, similar to yours) has no problems either.

Actually, I think pretty much any laptop made in the past 15 years or so should handle it just fine.

Interesting because the manual says you should turn it off to swap power, but the other modules are hot swappable.

I asked because I have a battery that when first powered up showed 55000 for maximum battery load and then I pulled it hot. It appears to be dead now with the battery light flashing yellow when I try to charge it up. Think I killed it?

I would find it hard to imagine that removing a load from a battery would kill it. Sounds like the battery was fishy to start with.

I think the "Turn off to swap power" is intended more as risk prevention against data loss or corruption on the laptop.

Back