• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5E-VM NB heatsink loose from the factory?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OBLIVIONLORD

Just got this mobo in and noticed that the NB heatsink is loose yet there arent any screws to screw it down into place. It appears to have a snap in spring bolt that it just appears flimsy. To me this is poor since there isnt a firm connection between the chip and the heatsink. This is supposed to be a quality board and I doubt this is the way it should be so I just want to reference if this is exactly how it is or if this is just an issue from the factory.

I got it new from Newegg if anyone wants to know.

By the looks of the pics on newegg, the NB appears to be held down by black plastic pushpins and springs.

You can swap em out and use bolts, plastic washers and nuts if need be.

yeah you wont get alot mounting pressure from plastic push pins, if you have any you could just use arctic silver ceramique, that would be much better than that cheap crap they use but whatever route you go would be better than leaving it as is and maybe check out the customer reviews and see if it has caused problems for anyone else.

ill deffinently get some bolt/screws for it. Its quite silly why they wouldnt go the extra expense to do it that way for something that is already $120. It wouldnt be but a few cents.

Back