• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

led swappin...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I' m not sure how high they go, but for my Blue power and hdd LED I have 2600mcd and I cannot stare at those for more than 2 secs With the front bezel on there is clear plastic piece that makes it not so bright. Hard to describe

PYROMANIAC said:
good thing my computer is in another room:)

where would i buy thes 118kmcd ones at?

Here.
They're a little uncommunicative, but other than that, they're fine. Just make sure you order all the LEDs you'll ever want, since the shipping is about US$7.

BTW, you meant 18,000 mcd, right?

Last edited:
IdeaMagnate said:

Here.
They're a little uncommunicative, but other than that, they're fine. Just make sure you order all the LEDs you'll ever want, since the shipping is about US$7.

BTW, you meant 18,000 mcd, right?

yea i got carried away with the 1 key...hehe..
118k would be nice..be ike "check out my cdrom light"
thats it for them
buahahahahahahaahah:eek:

PYROMANIAC said:

yea i got carried away with the 1 key...hehe..
118k would be nice..be ike "check out my cdrom light"
thats it for them
buahahahahahahaahah:eek:

Don't get too carried away with that 1 key or you might end up here!

LOL, u can now officialy throw out ur light balls, just hang ur comps up there... or with a long wire hang just the LED, so when ur HDD reads/writes ur room light up. LOL

A little more expensive than the LED lighting idea, why not use EL sheets that change color for room lighting? It would last a good long time, be softer and who else can say their home is lit with it?! The LED lighting idea has REAL potential though. Make desk lamps with these babies!

18cd (or 18,000 mcd if you must use silly units) isn;t really that bright compared to a normal tungesten bulb, let alone halogens.

I've seen the 6000 Blue LEDs that are used in key-chain lights reach as much as a mile. It wasn't a concentrated beam or anything, but that is still really amazing for something about 1/4" in diameter!

WeaponX said:
THey're actually testing LED lighting in the UK i think. They're replacing the traffic lights with LED traffic lights.

they've been doing that here in houston for the past year or more...on big rigs brake lights and the stop lights...there really really bright at night...everything here is going to LED's...normal cars even have them now

For the keyboard mod, I've seen some one use EL Glowwire which illuminated the keys ALOT better than the LED mods I've seen. It would cost more, but the effect would be so much cooler. Just another random cackeling in the old skull. :)

Back