• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recruiting... also, I can't make up my mind.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Is_907

So I took my CPUs out of Rosetta and back onto F@H... but now I've moved them back over. I just can't help it; I like the fact that Rosetta is a newer project and we have a great opportunity to do well ;)
(I'm a sucker for looking good statistically...)

Also, I'm looking for some advice on how to recruit? I work in an IT department so you'd think I'd be able to recruit all my coworkers easily... anyone have a good, brief, and interesting explanation of the Rosetta project that I could share with coworkers? The stuff on the main Rosetta site seems good but not really organized well for recruiting.

Hehe, Yea I'm too established and happy with the project to leave now. I crunch anywhere from 1500-2200RAC depending on whether or not I'm having new version problems, and I can usually stay up in the top ten. My problem right now is that I get another machine online, my Folding machine is also my Benching machine so I haven't been doing alot of Benching lately.

As far as Recruiting goes, that is after all one of the main purposes of the Rosetta Website. The trick would be in picking out the things that actually mean something to a prospective folder and wade through the stuff that may come of interest later on in their folding career.

I would say have them go through these Sections under "ABOUT"

1. Rosetta@Home Promo Video - It's actually very informative and gets some important points across.
2. Rosetta@Home Science FAQ
3. Disease Related Research
4. Maybe News and Articles

These are what I gave a couple of friends yesterday, and they pretty much had all their questions answered. Except of course how to run the program, which is pretty self explanitory anyway. For any other problems, I had them go through the info sticky here, and surf the cruching forums over at Rosetta. They're up and running with no problems now.

Back