• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PCP&C 1,000 compared to 1,200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Foxie3a

Normal Member
Hey guys,

Been using my PCP&C 1KW for a while, it's perfectly fine, I would never want to upgrade it. However, today I won a pretty good deal on a 1.2Kw, and I'll be able to upgrade and break even (if not profit). So, I have the 1.2Kw on the way, and I'll put that in my system instead of the current one.

I've looked at the data sheets in the past, and don't remember seeing any differences besides the wattage. The efficiency looks the same, along with everything else. Are there newer model components inside at least?

Thanks!

Are there newer version components inside? Higher quality components?

Basically, am I really upgrading? I know I won't be able to tell the difference because this one is as stable as can be already, and it provides more than enough power. I would just like to think it is an upgrade, even if I don't use the extra 200 watts.

Basically, am I really upgrading? I know I won't be able to tell the difference because this one is as stable as can be already, and it provides more than enough power. I would just like to think it is an upgrade, even if I don't use the extra 200 watts.

Foxie,

I agree with SuperNade. You have to tear everything apart to install a nearly parallel equivelent power supply. My favorite term is "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

If it's still in a sealed box, you can sell it much easier.

Depending on when your 1000W unit was made you may see a newer PCB and a few solid caps on the Primary side of the 1200W.

Come on people, READ what I say. I don't spend time making a post for my health.

Thanks Super Nade, you told me what I wanted to know. I didn't look inside the 1,000 when I got it a while ago. When I swap them, I'll see if it has solid caps in it.

So good, I know what I wanted to now: There is a chance, that I'll have a newer revision PCB that has solid state caps on it, which would mean a lesser chance of failure or instability..... Even though I won't actually see or feel any difference.

Thanks!

Back