• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need for Speed Undercover

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i gave up on need for speed games, when the cars your racing aginst all of a sudden gain a ton of power out of thin air and keep up with you and move in strange ways and also when your flying along and you smash into an invisable wall across the road and its a road block that hasnt loaded.....you kinda get ****ed at it

Oh my god i hate that so much. especially in the races where they check your speed at checkpoints and the one with the fastest MPH wins. SOOOOO ANNOYING when youre leading the race and the computer gets that speed burst and passes u goin 100mph faster than you at the checkpoint. how are you suppose to beat that?!

The drag races once you got further into the game were impossible too. I remember one took me like an hour to finally beat. And thats cause i got it down to milliseconds from practice when to switch lanes, when to accelerate, when something was gonna pop out.

I didn't play any of the series until carbon, and I was thoroughly unimpressed with that game. The corporate-hipster-hiphop whatever thing they were trying was embarrassing to watch.

You might want to take a step back in the NFS series and try the Unground games before judging Carbon as hiphop :beer:

I have seen comps make up pretty big leads in NFS, but honestly I havent ever had a comp just blow past me. And I never seen any speed burst count towards speed at check points, would think they would change that number, something like 300mph would be a little obvious. I always felt they did this within reason to keep the game competitive for anyone.

Sweet!
I'm not the only one who enjoyed this game then! :)

At first, I wanted to "throw it out of the window", due to super annoying "motion blur", always shiny asphalt and especially stupid sun in my eyes, but after turning the World Effects completelly OFF all of that is gone and game looks and feels 1,000% better! Not to mention the frame rates! :beer:

My Pros and Cons said:

Pros:

- Opponent cars no longer have 1,000hp's added right at the end of the race.
- Really nice graphics, IMO
- Finally - visible and much more visual Damage effects on ALL cars!
- Police is back! (although Most Wanted police was more fun IMO)
- I really enjoyed the SOUNDTRACK this time.
- After the race, cars continue to drive and I like to slam 'em :D

Cons:
- You can't damage opponent cars to death after the race (or during), that would've added the replay value to the game.
- Cut scenes after "chase brakers" on police, sometimes lead you into the spikes ahead.
- Police spikes ONLY work on you and not any other cars or police.
- Level 5 police always has a million horsepower even at your top speed (although this way a bunch is always on your back for "crashing fun")
- Not enough traffic sometimes.
- Can't crash through the buildings (I know, it's just a racing game, but still :))
- Whenever you're chased by police in a race, they only chase you... at least chase the 1 opponent or clossest or bust them! That'd be more fun IMO.
- When you're at a high Wheelman level, (above 13 I think?) there's just too much Police "browsing" around the city in Free Roam mode... Like whenever I want to see the city, they constantly (every 1-2 minutes) find me. Just a bit annoying. Even if I don't crash anything.
Other notes:

I didn't notice any of the above described gaphical glitches of stuff appearing just before your eyes... but also I've been only playing the PC version of the game.
Did anybody else notice what police is talking about? They sometimes have funny conversation like.

P1. Hey anybody else up for a doghnut trip?
P2. Uhh, sure, I'll come with ya.

or

P1 Hey, uhm, somebody got bit by a dog here. really bad bites, somebody should check this dude out lol.. or something like that. There's lots of different funny lines I've noticed they got. A nice touch I thought :)

Last edited:
I've been playing NFS since NFS SE and Porsche Unleashed was by far my favorite. I was hoping that they were going to make Undercover better. I've watched stopped cars shoot into the air and then flip on their roofs. Sometimes flying around a corner at 100+ mph and then there is nothing takes a second or two for the world to load. Getting ready for a race I've seen several cars with no body's just wheels, floor, seats and motor. One time I got busted for not moving??? What the **** is this EA? My car was sitting still and I went to get something to drink and come back to me getting kicked by the police.:screwy: EA fix your mistakes and patch this game!!!

I've been playing NFS since NFS SE and Porsche Unleashed was by far my favorite. I was hoping that they were going to make Undercover better. I've watched stopped cars shoot into the air and then flip on their roofs. Sometimes flying around a corner at 100+ mph and then there is nothing takes a second or two for the world to load. Getting ready for a race I've seen several cars with no body's just wheels, floor, seats and motor. One time I got busted for not moving??? What the **** is this EA? My car was sitting still and I went to get something to drink and come back to me getting kicked by the police.:screwy: EA fix your mistakes and patch this game!!!

Well if a car is stopped in the middle of the road in real life I think the police would take some interest in it. If you drive around and don't go past the speed limit you can drive right past the police sometimes.

I got my son a XBox 360 for Christmas and one of the games I got him is NFS ProStreet, I hope it's fun to play. I'm a big Gran Turismo fan so hopefully this is pretty close to that

NFS PU, NFS HS, NFS MW were worth playing, you need two things in my opinion to play undercover

1. sunglasses
2. luck

good thing i didn't bought it .... no wonder my friend happily gave me his copy 2nd day he got it :/

this like all other EA games stutters like mad, no matter what settings you use, it sucks, it is a cool idea, still only uses a single core and maxes my q6600 @ 3ghz, i assign it to 2 cores it uses part of each... it stutters with AA or no AA and this is with a 4850 and only at 1680 x 1050.... i was upset, glad my friends let me try it instead of me buying it

really? It doesn't studder for me at all, I'm playing it maxed at 1920 x 1200.

The game is exactly like NFS underground, though, just with better graphics.

Well, I got it on sale (30$) and actually, really enjoyed it so far. Seems like 100% rehash of most wanted. One thing that has pleased me though, is it actually has some really good music, at least in my opinion. 8.3/10 so far, 50% through.

really? It doesn't studder for me at all, I'm playing it maxed at 1920 x 1200.

The game is exactly like NFS underground, though, just with better graphics.

interesting i should be able to do it too, i checked my cpu and none of my cores are pegged at %100, ram usage isn't that high (i have 8G) it is running off a raid 0 set up as well and it isn't like hardcore stuttery but i can notice it jerks very finely alot as if it is loading something or having issues.... i get this with alot of the past E.A games for racing in the NFS series, except underground.

Back