• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Linux GPU2 Folding...?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=568721&highlight=Linux+GPU2

The guide you linked to was written almost entirely by Zerix01 .

It works. It's not great, but it's good. Pretty darn good for Wine, and for a folding client that's not perfected yet. Only issues with it reside mainly with the Nvidia driver in linux, and it's a problem relating to the driver, and Wine and how the calls are made, but it's not so bad really.

Awesome. In that case we can expect to see my PPD doing quite nicely again after tonight ;)

What about for ATI cards?

I will look into it, but the last I knew the ATI linux driver did not have support for the platform used by Stanford. Whatever ATI's equivalent of CUDA is, that is what I am talking about.

I haven't seen anythiing about ATI Linux folding yet.

I'll have the gpu client running in Kububtu tonight... At the inlaws right now.
(SMP client in Linux gets me 3k+ ppd, btw! Awesome.)

Got it running but can't connect to an assignment server... it's trying assign-GPU.stanford.edu:8080
Just checked server status page... apparently that server has no WUs available. Sad... I want to see how well this performs =(

Btw, I'm using the latest (180, i think) nVidia drivers on Kubuntu 8.10 x64.

EDIT: I spoke too soon... getting Client-core communications error: ERROR 0xfffff6.
Followed by a window saying it's run into a serious error running the core and will shutdown.

*shrug*

EDIT Again:
Working. I apparently installed the 64bit CUDA toolkit instead of the 32bit one ;) Silly me
Also had to export an LD_CONFIG path or sommat like that (wasn't paying a ton of attention...)

Hurray for me!

Last edited:
Sounds like you're making real progress here - well done! :clap:

Btw, I'm using the latest (180, i think) nVidia drivers on Kubuntu 8.10 x64.

I haven't upgraded to the 180 drivers yet. Remember to check your current running processes before you re-start the client. I keep getting the FAHcore_11 still running after I stop the client. If it is still running when you re-start the client you will get an unstable client error.

Right now I'm getting almost 4000 PPD from GPU2 and about 1000 PDD from SMP on my Athlon X2 and G80 GPU system. And that is at all stock speeds, I need to re-overclock my CPU after bringing it down for new RAM.

Back