• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pulling photos off of old SIM cards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dreamstalker

My mom has a couple old cell phones; she took photos with them which are on the SIM cards and she wants to retrieve them. Does anyone here have any experience with those USB SIM readers I see online? Do they actually work? The only things I see mentioned is that they can retrieve address books and text messages, but what about photos?

Alternately, I was going to suggest that she use the phone to email the photos to one of our gmail accounts, but the phones are from ~2 providers ago so likely don't work anymore (we're now with AT&T, the old phones were on Sprint).

Hang on ...

photographs on a sim card?

AFAIK SIM cards store contacts, not photographs their memory, is very small.

first off, sprint phones do not have sim carms.

also, older sim cars hold 32kb IIRC. There are no pictures on your sim cards they simply won't fit. They are used for contacts, and rarely text messages.

They will be stored directly to your mother's telephone memory. You'll have to take it to a cellphone technician if you want certain data extracted from it as they ahve the tools...

Back