• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ip35-e dead? Worth attempting to RMA?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nealric

My ip35-e has been taking longer and longer to post recently. Started taking a few reboots before it would post (fans always spin up, just no video), now taking longer and longer. Usually has to run about 30 min before it will magically power and boot like nothing's wrong with it. I'm afraid it will soon be at the point where it won't post at all.

No settings were changed over the course of its decline.

Is it on it's way out, or is there something left to try?

Being that Abit is out of the motherboard business, are they still honoring RMA requests? Bought the mobo in Jan- so need to know soon. Any recommendations for a cheap replacement? (preferably same chipset so I don't need to re-install windows)

Abit is supposed to honor waranty claims and RMAs for 3 years from whenever they quit (August I believe) according to the article on Tom's Hardware about it. Otherwise I'd just pick up another board from the classies here probably.

Definitely worth it. I did it not to long ago. Basically they are covering mobos for an extended time. I don't remember exactly how long, but you should be fine. No harm in at least trying right? They even took mine originally bought on eBay.

On a little side note.

Please take high res pictures of both sides of the board and one of the socket showing all the pins in good order.
Maybe with something like the header of a news paper with the date on it as well.

Do not trust that they will do right by you. Some very funny things going on with them of late.

hmm....

What worries me is that they ask for a $25 check as part of the RMA process. I'm afraid they will cash the check and never send anything back.

yes it is worth it that board is bad *** bult a few a year ago and going to build a new one now and dont know where to sart but buying one off ebay, Its a nice board it made me go abit.

Back