• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking an E2200 on an ECS GF7100PVT-M3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
its just too bad the board you guys have only has single channel ram... i got lucky and a coupla weeks before BF, frys sold off all the discontinued cpus... i scored a E7200 and ECS G33T-M2 (g33 chipset, 4x ddr2 slots, dual channel) for 60 bucks haha!

Albit ecs having a bad rep, they are doing much better, the G33T-m2 at least has all solid state caps for the cpu voltage regulation circuitry, takes to all pad mods without probs... its got my e4300 in it and if i wanted to i could do a 66% oc without even trying. (200-333fsb)... and not to mention its been running in my server for the past month, with 100% cpu load (seti @ home) without any hickups.

Tried but failed.
Mine did not boot into 1333FSB as expected.
Picture taken as final inspection before assembly....wonder what could I have done wrong?

+0.1v E6300 image - top left corner
2zftj50.jpg

That looks right to me. Did you try without the tape for +0.2? I'm not sure how the pads work, maybe because the tape is a little bit on the next pad as well?

sam,
what is the stuff you used to connect the pads? it doesnt look like stuff used for a window defrogger kit or a silver pen.

I've used it with a circuit writer pen bought at Fry's.
I'll try to build up more "conductive material" on top the older layer and as well as new tape or remove tape totally.
@Steven: I did re-center the tape before insertion into its coffin. The pin touches the pad in a very small area can be seen as a little dot in most circle pads.

I've also double check the specifications of the mother board. YES, it does support 1333MHz FSB.

ASUS IPIBL-LA Berkeley-GL8E was made for HP used on model: HP Pavilion Media Center TV m8100y CTO
Northbridge G33, ICH9R
FSB: "800 MHz, 1066 MHz, 1333 MHz (processor dependent)"
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&os=2093&product=3463405

Last edited:
ah thats why sam, that pen is going to have a top coating to protect it self from shorting out. say a trace got cut that pen would be perfect for fixing the trace but not for what we are doing. even the silver pen from radioshack has a thin clear coating but can be scrapped off, just be carefull. i stand by suggesting the "window defrogger" kit for pad mods cause it has no protective coating after it dries/cures.

I don't think this pen has any protective clear coat, because Frys also sell a matching protective clear coat pen display next to it.
I did look at Radio Shack but they had none.
Well, I'll to recoat again. If that didn't work, aluminum foil would be next before going with window defrogger repair kit.
Thanks Evilsizer,

i would recommend the way i did it on my e4300.

cut a small rectangle of tin foil that is the right size to connect the 2 pads. put a line of crazy glue between the pads (using a needle) and lay the tin foil perpindicular to the line... there is NO crazy glue between the pads and tin foil, the pins in the socket press the tinfoil agains the pads making great electrical contact, the crazy glue is just there to hold the tinfoil in place when the cpu is out of the socket.

Tried again with precision work but no cigar. :( hic hic
Aluminum foil strip + electrical tape

Steven, what else is there?
Is there a jump from 1066 to 1333MHz without any voltage increase?

8zqq2q.jpg

Tried again with precision work but no cigar. :( hic hic
Aluminum foil strip + electrical tape

Steven, what else is there?
Is there a jump from 1066 to 1333MHz without any voltage increase?

8zqq2q.jpg

hmmmm, I don't know what could be going wrong. Those pictures look right to me. Does this screenshot mean you were able to load it at 1333 before but the volts wasn't enough so it wasn't stable? http://i34.tinypic.com/2cpuogg.jpg If thats the case, I don't see how it would load then, but not with a 0.1v increase.

Steven, that screenshot was from using ECS G31T motherboardl which is overclockable.

Right now I'm trying to use on a locked motherboard since it does supports 1333MHz FSB.
ASUS IPIBL-LA Berkeley-GL8E was made for HP used on model: HP Pavilion Media Center TV m8100y CTO
Northbridge G33, ICH9R
FSB: "800 MHz, 1066 MHz, 1333 MHz (processor dependent)"
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...roduct=3463405

ahhh ok ... I was wondering about that. The current mobo has a BSEL bios setting also?

@Steven: HP mobo does not have BSEL adjustment control. It probably recognizes 1333FSB by cpu automatically. That probably is the problem right there.

It seems to me that this HP mobo would not accept pinmod cpu. My only option was to try on an ECS.

Man.... I hate to use this ECS motherboard since it only supports single channel memory.
But...to my surprise, I took the pinmoded E6300 +.1v above dipped in the ECS GF7050VT-M which had no adjustment on Vcore voltage. It worked good !!!
Now OCed at 2.68GHz ....That's 100% jump compared to the oc @ 2.28GHz previously:)
I'm happy and can live with this single channel board with this much boost.
It's funny how this board would allow NB Voltage adjustment but nothing else.

New Spec:
Pinmod +.1v _ E6300 @ 2.68GHz
FSB;DRAM= 1;1
4GB Patriot 4-4-4-12 @ 1.95 Volts
North Bridge: 1.425 volts

Thanks everyone :)

necdjr.jpg

Last edited:
Sam, I know how you feel ... when I bought the combo from NewEgg, they listed the mobo as supporting dual-channel RAM!! Only later did they change it to single channel in the description when people complained. If the Asus mobo doesn't have a BSEL setting, you have to do a BSEL mod like this: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=499340 ... in post 89 someone said it worked on their E6300.

image1ld0.jpg

I did look at that thread too...but wonder if that applies to all Core2Duo.
I should have asked. :)

......well..... It's never too late.... because I still have 2 babies twin E7200 to play with this HP mobo. :)

...By the way Steven, to clarify your picture as shown above....
If I want to make a jump to to 1333FSB ONLY...then make a short looks like a letter U side way? Correct?

And beside the jump above... +.1v .... I would make an exact of all mods as shown above? True?
(of course, that image applies to an E6300)

This time I'll try figure out on my own for an E7200

Thanks

I think the first post was on a C2D ... but post 89 definitely tested it on c2d. lol, how do you have so many cpu's! Yes, the short would look like the sideways U. You're connecting the 1st and 3rd pads (going up vertically from that notch) while skipping the 2nd. Remember, the voltmod would be different on the E7200 depending on it's VID.

sam,
you dont need the vid pad mod for 2.6ghz on a B2 rev C2D. i could get my E6400 B2 to 3ghz on stock voltage,at a vid of 1.325v like yours. give it a shot, it will lower the temp of the cpu at load.

Evilsizer,
I did it before using a G31T ECS mobo....push FSB only get me as far as 2.28GHz max.

+.1v is not alot increasement...and I can see the heat is at its thermal limit when constant 100% loaded.

Should I just make a 1333FSB pinmod on this E6300 only?
Is that your recommendation Evilsizer?

================

@Steven: I couldn't resist an offer at $79 on my 2nd E7200 when Fry's had it onsale.
E7200 is fast at stock and economical too.

I'm waiting for a good deal on a recent release of E7400 (2.80GHz, 3MB cache, 10.5x multiplier) That would make an instant 3.50GHz Oc

yea just the bsel mod since your not pushing it that high, you dont need the extra voltage. even a .1v increase could be adding a extra 2-4c increase at load,you could be avioding without the vid pad mod.

Back