• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking an E2200 on an ECS GF7100PVT-M3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hahaha .... This is so unbelievable. Thanks to this forum, Evilsizer and Steven... I just did it again.
Pinmod jump from 1066 to 1333FSB on an E7200 using a tiny piece of kitchen aluminum foil wrap.
This motherboard was originally ship from HP model Pavillion m8100y cto. I had a Q6600 with it and I also knew that it is capable of going up to 1333FSB. With this mod, really helps it comes to life from a closet. CHEERS.

Now, all I need are new RAMs PC6400 to go with this.

====

Do I really need PC6400? Because it is 1;1 FSB;DRAM.
Even if I get better PC6400, there is no memory ratio adjustment in the bios anyway...I probably stick with this then.

3522n4n.jpg

11llmwy.jpg

Last edited:
great work sam! Who would have thought a small piece of kitchenware can give a boost like this, eh? :)

sam,
you can stick with DDR2-677, but at that low a speed you really want cas 4 ram. it will make a difference in performance but if your not keen on spending more money no worries. it much faster then it was the other day! :)

A little more than a year ago, looking for the right 800MHz rams that would be sharp at 1.8volts for this picky mobo was hard...due to no selective voltages adjustment.
I've been using it in the E8400 system. Here again, back to where it belongs.
Transcend AXE RAMS
TX800QLJ-2GK x 2 kit = 4GB
4-4-4-12 @ 1.8volts

5dktxu.jpg

Hi Steven,
I'm planning to add +0.1v to my E7200
I'm not sure if I've done correctly. Please help correct me if I'm wrong.
ddnntk.jpg

o853b8.jpg

91gny0.jpg

vymop0.jpg

Sam, the second image is correct. To change a 1 to a 0, you have to connect it to a neighboring vss.

vymop0.jpg

I made the mod 1333FSB jump and +0.1v above... It didn't boot
.......ahhh... I realized that I made a loudsy mistake of reading wrong VID.

The correct VID reading is: 1.1750
I still don't understand how to go about comparing between VID doc and applying actual padmod.

What is the next easier voltage mod that I can do?

The jump to 1333FSB works fine...but it fails Orthos
This is why I think Vcore voltage increase mod is neccessary.

Can you explain more of what I am missing or what to look for Steven?
Thanks
2u6k45s.jpg

sam,
the vid of the cpu can be gotten from Coretemp or realtemp, like this here
CoreTemp-Scr.jpg

what you need to do is connect Vid 5 to Vid 6, then place the tape over Vid 5 and Vid 4.

Sam, can you post a screenshot of your coretemp reading? Basically, you're looking at differences between your VID and the 1/0's for the voltage jump you want. You are trying to change them to be the same as the voltage jump 1/0's. You can change 1 to 0 by connecting it to a nearby VSS and 0 to 1 by putting tape on that pad. You had the right idea in your previous post, you just misread the VID.

image1dy9.gif

image2tz7.jpg

image2wv1.jpg

I don't know why Coretemp would report VID...as shown in above image on the first E7200 cpu as 1.225v which used with HP mobo

But...on this second E7200 cpu... Coretemp shows differently as 1.1750v use with ECS G31 mobo

I'll be back home later and post the coretemp

....... BTW, looking at Steven replied image...I understand which pins need to be modified.....but do not have a clear picture of how to determine the locations on the pad.
How do you translate between the .pdf to pad mod locations Steven?

he is doing it cause in the PDF it is from a TOP down position vs just the bottom of the cpu. basicly by looking at the bottom of the cpu with the "indents" in the correct position to the PDF. the pins will then line up to which ones are which.

intel cpus are multi-vid as by intels sspec finder the voltage range is 0.85V – 1.3625V.
http://processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SLAVN
which is why cpu A will not have the same vid as cpu B.

Thanks for your rely Evilsizer.
I understood about the reverse image.....except for which row or column to be applied.
What do I look for?
Sorry guys,

Last edited:
Thank you very much gentlemen.
The pinmod +0.1v did really help stablize not to crash Orthos within the first 3 minutes as previously.

When I tried at 1:1, I can see there are plenty of room to push much higher. But only able to push a little to 3.22GHz but no more...due to mobo's limitation.
It would not pass 342 bus speed no matter how I tried it. 1;1 nor 5;6 FSB;DRAM

Currently, still running Othos and seems to be good.

vfy0bb.jpg

Other thoughts: (part of combo deal) ECS G31T-M board is very limited.
NO Vcore, NO NB voltage, NO VRam voltage adjustment.
It only allows ram timing adjudment & OC cpu's frequenzcy.
It provides just about 25% overclock ...not bad.

Great work, sam! :)

To find what row column, you take mirror image of pdf chart and just count it on the cpu. Let me show you:

image1yy4.gif

Thanks for taking time explaining Steven. But don't know why I'm still not getting through this...hic hic

BTW, the other E7200 with high VID: 1.225 .... now I paired with ECS G33T-M2 mobo

I got it booted up to 3.60GHz but unstable (fail ORTHOS with 5min). I had to drop it down to now 3.44GHz and still testing with ORTHOS....it looks good so far.
This pairing yields higher OC than the other E7200 that has a low VID: 1.1750 with ECS G31 mobo.

t0t2pz.jpg

UPDATE: Stable for 11 hours @ 3.44 GHz. Pinmod +0.1v & 1333FSB jump pinmod
http://i43.tinypic.com/2vdo7dv.jpg

UPDATE: Here it is....... stable for 5 hours @ 3.54 GHz. Pinmod +0.15v & 1333FSB jump pinmod
141i6gy.jpg
2aetts8.jpg

Last edited:
sam,
when you ran prime95 was it small/blend/large? you need more cpuv since you cant increase CPU VTT or CPU GTL in bios.

Evilsizer, I ran both small FFT 1;1 & 5;6 ratio setting, running any higher than 3.44GHz and I would fail Orthor & Prime95 within an hour.

Should I use 1;1 ratio instead of 5;6 as final 3.44GHz ?

with the fsb your at the 5:6 is going to be much better then 1:1. if you were at 400mhz that would be a different matter.

Hey guys,

First time posting here and I'm not trying to hijack the thread or dig it up but its the closest I can find to what I'm looking for.

Currently I have a Dell Vostro 200. I swapped in a 6300 Conroe and performed the following mod:

attachment.php

It's currently showing the following:

inteltm.jpg

Now I'm curious if I did the following:

image1ld0.jpg

If it would push it up to 3Ghz. I've read elsewhere with other CPU's (mainly the original e2160) that doing so would push it up to 3Ghz stable in windows.

I'm a bit of a noob here but any help would be much appreciated.

Back