• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What case to use

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Staubsaugen

Registered
I think my desktop got fried last night so now I'm trying to decide what I want to get and I was toying with the idea of building a water cooled setup to keep the noise down. I was just wondering what kind of case to use with a watercooled setup. I got a friend who has a watercooled setup and he has some case that has a radiator and fans build into the front door on it. Is a special case required or can any case work or what? I like the case I currently have, but I don't really see how all the watercooling pieces would fit in there.

Any case will work. You can always mount the radiator on the top or out the back if your case is on the smaller side. The pump and waterblocks really don't take up that much space.

The type of case that you need will depend on the tyoe of water cooling setup you want to use as well as the amount of "DIY" you may or want to do for the setup that you want. Some cases you may have to modify and customise to be able to fit certain cooling components into and other larger ones, lets say a server or full tower, you may not have to. You have to think about the setup you want to use first. Radiator size, to use a reservoir or a T-line, pump type and size as well as the size of tubing, etc. I would look at the componenets first and go from there because then you will know what you will need to be able to fit into a case. Depending on what you have and need, you might also be able to use your current case. :beer:

there are some amazing DIY cases at bittech. if you are going ot have a triple rad you will probably have to place it ont he top. duals can fit insidebig cases. but yeah you can make any case work. The radiator, I htink, is the hardest thing to place. Followed by the pump.

your friend has a crap tastic thermaltake LCS setup.

the case is great for water cooling, i have the Amour + but stay away from TT w/c parts.

since i don't mind noise, you can't even hear my rad fans anyway, i mounted mine external.

i also built my systems for quiet. yate loon and noctua make quiet fans. I have only had experience wiht the noctuas, which i love, but they are pricey. I gear the YL's are just as, or close to, Noctuas in silence. Both perform well.

i also built my systems for quiet. yate loon and noctua make quiet fans. I have only had experience wiht the noctuas, which i love, but they are pricey. I gear the YL's are just as, or close to, Noctuas in silence. Both perform well.

and yates are $20 a fan...

i have 6 high speed yates at 5v and you can't hear them.

sounds like I'm gonna try to stick with my case then. Any opinions on the Swiftech H2O-220 Apex Ultima liquid cooling kit?

great kit, i haven't used it, just there products and built my own. but i know there kits are best.

Back