• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gears of War 2 for PS3?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
thats like halo going to ps3 doubt it will happen =| i would glady trade gow to ps3 and take mgs4 to xbox 360 lol ^_^

Thats kind of what I was worried about. I'm glad that I got the PS3 when I did because I got a hell of a deal on it at $200 NIB, but it does suck as far as new games are concerned. Seems like almost all the cool stuff is made for the 360. GT4 was maybe an exception.

GOW is made by epic, but the right's to the game are owned by microsoft. so basically unless the xbox in total goes under (unlikely to happen) than you will never see it on the PS3

thats like halo going to ps3 doubt it will happen =| i would glady trade gow to ps3 and take mgs4 to xbox 360 lol ^_^

But its likely that MGS4 will make it to X360 though. MGS2 made it to the original Xbox and there has been much talk of it lately even before release that it would be coming to X360. So don't give up hope of that, since GOW won't move over to the PS3 anytime soon.

But its likely that MGS4 will make it to X360 though. MGS2 made it to the original Xbox and there has been much talk of it lately even before release that it would be coming to X360. So don't give up hope of that, since GOW won't move over to the PS3 anytime soon.

I actually read something a few days back about the devs site for MGS having an upside down exclamation point on it, the 360 ring logo and a right side up exclamation point, so I imagine an announcement is coming soon.

Now that we've had our fun, one serious answer:

Gears of War 2 will never come to the PS3, because Microsoft published it [publish = they paid for the development and marketing for, in exchange for exclusivity]. I suppose it's possible that a sequel could come to the PS3, but it's highly unlikely that Microsoft would let this one slip away.

deception``

I actually read something a few days back about the devs site for MGS having an upside down exclamation point on it, the 360 ring logo and a right side up exclamation point, so I imagine an announcement is coming soon.

What does an upside-down exclamation point and a universal "power" symbol have to do with the 360?

Nothing.

we will be lucky if it gets released for the PC never mind the PS3!!

Exactly. It might eventually make it to the PC. Its very stupid to discontinue it after releasing the first part. How the hell do they expect PC gamers, if at all, to continue the story? Through buying an Xbox 360? No thanks..id rather not play it at all.

And no it's never gonna come to the PS3. Thank god we don't have many fan boys here or the OP's question would make it to the console war history books. (i do think i spotted one though :p)

o i hope its true i really do [ sorry to op for going way off topic! ]

mgs4xbox360me1.jpg

Back