• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blueray over DVI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrgreenjeans

Anyone have any experience configuring blueray to play over a DVI connection? I've ordered a LG blueray internal drive to upgrade sig rig. Any suggestions? I've got nVdia's Pure Video HD codec package for WMP11 and iMon HD, both of which I would presume support blueray playback. If anyone's got suggestions for a decoder I'd be interested to hear your experiences.

PowerDVD should come with the drive too. Once you update it, it should play Blu-ray.

Yup...Cyberlink PowerDVD. Most likely you will receive a trial version of it with the drive, unlkess you purchased an OEM drive. In any case you will have to buy the full version sooner or later. It is the best BluRay software to date.

Got it up but not without some delays. The PowerDVD OEM would not update without crashing and it took and couple of emails before Cyberlink got me a build that works. The OEM version doesn't do mullti-channel audio decoding but I set to SPDIF passthru and my receiver does the audio decoding. Great picture quality!

All-in-all I added BlueRay to my HTPC for under a $100 and a couple of hours time. Now to change my Netflix subscription....:clap:

Back