Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Stay Away From Performance-PCs.com

Placed an order for several items at Performance-PCs, one item shipped was the wrong size (the right size was listed on my invoice) and another item was defective upon arrival. The only way they would replace either item was for me to pay the shipping to return the wrong & defective item. They make their customers pay the shipping to return items they send in error and for defective parts.

In addition to having to pay the return shipping cost, you have to wait until they receive and process the returned items before they ship the replacements to you. If you need the item(s) right away you are out of luck. I thought about ordering my defective/incorrect items from another company and just get a refund from Performance PC. This way I could cut down the amount of time I had to wait by avoiding having to wait the time for my return shipping and their processing time. However, if they issue a refund, even on items they shipped incorrectly and on defective parts, they charge you a 15% restocking fee.

That’s right, when they make a mistake – they still charge you a 15% restocking fee. Make you pay return shipping and make you wait an extra long time (or pay a 15% restocking fee).

At the end of the day, I needed the parts quickly and after paying return shipping and the 15% restocking fee it just wasn't worth the hassle. Therefore, I just threw the bad parts from Performance-PCs in the trash can and ordered replacements from another company. I received the parts in 3 days using standard shipping. As a side note, the parts were cheaper from the other company - and I received the correct part and a part that works perfect. Sorry I'm out the money I paid to Performance-PCs, yet glad I got the replacements much quicker by ordering them from much more reputable company.

This isn’t a company you should do business with – avoid them. They have absolutely no concern for their customers and absolutely don’t treat their customers fairly. Do NOT do business with them at any cost. I’ll bet they will soon be out of business given their very poor customer policies.

10 Year Badge
    Heatware Profile
    Dam that sux I found their prices to be outrageous so I never ordered from them. This finally sinks it for me. Be sure to leave that info here .

<MEGA-O>
    ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 /i7 4790K De-Lid @ 4.7GHz
    16GB GSKILL Sniper F3-17000CL11D-8GBSR @ 2400MHz
    H2O=XSPC Rasa Black / XSPC RX360 / MCP-655 D5 / MCRes
    Corsair Force GS SSD 128GB / WD VelociRaptor 300GB
    Gigabyte GV-R797OC-3GD WF3 @ 1100/1500 w/ModBios
    Sony AD-7220S / Corsair Force 3 120GB / Lite On LH-16A1S
    SilverStone Zeus SST-ZM1350 1350w
    CM Cosmos 1000 / Win8.1 x64
    ** Under TITLE II, SECTION 210.340 it is legal to overclock **

Destroyer of Empires and User Accounts, El Huginator
    Premium Member #3
    First Responders
    Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile
    Just curious, did you attempt to contact them to see if they would make an exception?
    Desktop: Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | 3570k | 32 GB | GTX 770 Classified | 1 TB Samsung Evo & 2 TB HDD | Windows 3.1 | 4x 2560x1400 Monitors
    VM Server 1: Dell R710 | 2x L5630 | 96 GB RAM | 8x 300 GB Savvio | IBM M1015 | 34 TB Raw disk | XenServer
    VM Server 2: Dell R710 | 2x L5630 | 96 GB RAM |
    8x 300 GB Savvio | XenServer
    Router: Dell R410 | E5620 | 32 GB RAM | 3x 300 GB | pfsense
    "That's not overkill, or a lot. That's just thiderastic." -txus.palacios
    "Clouds are silent, cold, and wet. Servers are none of these things." -Bobnova

Current projects: Rackmount Overkill (New) | Little Overkill (New)
    Articles: Rack Mounting 101 | Dell Perc 5/i Throughput Benchmarks
    My Website

Want to talk directly to all the moderators at once? Call the Mod Hotline!

Registered
    Thanks for sharing this. They were on my short list to buy a few sleeving items and watercooling parts from; but maybe not any longer. Hopefully they see this post and attempt to at least make things right with you.

- , they have been getting a lot of poor resellerratings lately. I'm definitely avoiding them now.

wow ... not always the best prices ... but they used to be a pretty decent and reliable source, i would call them tho ... i have heard of this happening in the past w/ them and they made it right w/o the charges

I just placed an order with them Sunday
    Gigabyte Sniper M3 - i7 2700K - Corsair H80
    Asus GTX780 DCII - Dell U2712HM & Dell U2212HM
    16GB G.Skill Sniper - 256GB Crucial M4 - 3TB Hitachi 7K3000
    Silverstone ST65F-G - Silverstone SG10
    Heatware

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster© Silversinksam's Avatar
    10 Year Badge
    Paying return shipping is not out of the ordinary for DOA products, some vendors may pay for return shipping and have decent terms in their Policy & Agreement page, those that do have high resellerratings, as for RMA processing, no vendor on earth is going to give you a refund before inspecting what was shipped back. For all they know someone may have sent them a brick in a box, and kept the merchandise sent.

I do however agree with you 100% about them not paying return shipping for mistakes on their end, like sending the wrong product, for that, imho, they should pay for RMA shipping, but many vendors in the fine print list the customer always pays for return shipping, then they send you the right product to you on their dime.

That's why I'm willing to pay a little bit more and buy from companies like Newegg, Jab-Tech, Petras Tech Shop and a few more, these guys still believing the customer is always sometimes right, even if the customer is wrong

-15 May 2012: On Hiatus helping bees and the planet at the moment

-You have over 101 signatures and Can't see the classifieds??? Click this link.

My Heatware

Hard Ass Southern Boy Senior Wicked Klown's Avatar
    10 Year Badge
    Folding Profile Heatware Profile
    Thats kind of odd. I placed an order with them once and they shipped my a 120mm fan instead of a 92mm fan. I called them and they sent my out the 92mm the same day with a return package for the 120mm fan. I did have to pay shipping on it but after it got they they credited it back to my account. A few months ago my dad ordered a keyboard from Newegg. Keyboard came and a some of the buttons didn't work. I contacted them got an RMA number and PMed they support guy here. I asked him if they could wave the restock fee as the keyboard was DOA. He said sure since it was DOA, my dad got the refund back minus the 15&#37; restock fee they said they would wave and he had to pay to ship it back to them.
    Media Server | Norco RPC-470 | GIGABYTE GA-890XA-UD3 | Phenom II X4 925 Deneb | 8gigs G.SKILL Ripjaws PC3 10666 | 64gig Crucial M4 | x2 2TB Samsung F3 | x2 1TB Samsung F1 | x1 2TB Samsung F4 | 500gigs Seagate 7200.10 | Sapphire HD4830 HDMI | Corsair 650hx

HEAT

"Never surrender. You're too much of a hardass to die on everyone." - Voodoo Rufus

Well i'm thankful my transaction went way smoother than yours, I got what I wanted and it worked as it should. Thanks for the heads up though.
    Mobo Abit AN-M2
    CPU AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400 2.8Ghz Black Edition
    HD Seagate 7200.10 250GB/Maxtor DM +9 160GB/WD 500gb external
    Optical Drive Lite-On LH-20A1L-06 DVD burner
    RAM G.Skill DDR2 800 Dual channel 2GB (2 x 1GB)
    GPU MSI HD 4830 OC
    Audio AudioTrak Prodigy HD2
    Speakers Insignia NS-B2111
    Receiver JVC UX-G70
    PSU Hiper Type-R 580 watts
    Case Lian Li PC-7SB w/Window
    Monitor Lenovo L222

My order arrived perfectly fine, but that was only one small order. While I don't agree with Performance-PCS's return policies, it does state them right on their website, everything you've stated. You agree to them when you buy an item :\
    Gigabyte Sniper M3 - i7 2700K - Corsair H80
    Asus GTX780 DCII - Dell U2712HM & Dell U2212HM
    16GB G.Skill Sniper - 256GB Crucial M4 - 3TB Hitachi 7K3000
    Silverstone ST65F-G - Silverstone SG10
    Heatware

I vote with my wallet and avoid companies like this. There are too many other vendors who carry the same stuff. I'm willing to pay a little more to deal with a company that understands what service means.

I live near Performance-pcs and use them pretty often if I don't want to wait on shipping and haven't had any problems. I would say I think they have outgrown their business and that's probably what is causing problems with them. My office is bigger than their whole place and there is maybe five people working at it! They seem to do allot of business and I think they can't keep up any more with their current setup imo.

I had my absolute worst online buying experience Perfomace-Pcs. It was their attitude that really made me never shop there again. I agree stay away and stick with the usual suspects like Silversink sam suggested.
    Benching: 980X

"Behold, I am Funkadelic. I am not of your world. But fear me not, I will do you no harm. Loan me your funky mind and I shall play with it. For nothing is good unless you play with it. And all that is good, is nasty!"
    ("What Is Soul," Funkadelic, 1969)

10 Year Badge
    They also gave me poor customer service when they sent a wrong item. They gave nothing bit attitude and excuses. I ended up taking it as a small loss.
    I5-760, EVGA P55 FTW, 4GB CORSAIR XMS3
    XFX 6850 XFIRE, XFX 850W B.E. PSU
    MCP350, MCR220, MCR320, KRYOS DELRIN, COOLERMASTER ATCS 840

I been Dolk'ed Senior mattspalace's Avatar
    Benching Profile Heatware Profile
    List the same info on resellerratings.com - eventually they'll fix their policies or they'll be out of business.
    Case: Cooler Master HAF XM
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V
    RAM: G-Skill Ripjaws X-Series 16GB DDR3-1600
    SSD: 2 X 120GB Kingston Hyper-X 3K in RAID-0
    CPU: Intel i7 3770K @ 4.2GHz - 1.18V
    CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme
    Video Card: EVGA GTX 670 FTW Edition
    PSU: Corsair AX-750
    Monitor: Dell U2410

I just read this thread and I'm not going to buy from them, I'm going to wait for jab-tech to get items in stock so I can order from him instead.
    EVGA 780i - P08 [ FSB:1.4v SPP:1.5v MCP:1.65v SPP<>MCP:1.4v ]
    Q6600 G0 L747A [ 400x9:3.6ghz @ 1.43v - 445x9:4.0Ghz @ 1.55v ]
    xFx GTX260 216 Black Edition [ GPU:740Mhz Shader:1515 Ram:1215Mhz ]
    2x 1 GB - 2x 2 GB OCZ Reaper DDR2-800 4-4-4-12 [ 990Mhz ]
    Win 7 Build 7600 - Arch Linux

Apogee GTZ - MCW60-R - 2xMCR320 - MCP655 - MasterKleer 7/16
    7x yate loons - 2x Arctic fan 8

All in my wooden case

had the same problems with em not once, but twice, never will use them again and will tell everyone to stay away from them, if you want to buy something sleeved, order from frozencpu.com (a little higher than others but have never had anything missing, messed up, or doa) great company to buy from
    Project: Inferno

Main Rig : Foxconn Blackops Q6600 @ 4.5ghz 1.6 : ATI Radeon HD 3870x2 : 2x1gig Patriot Viper DDR3 1800 7-7-7-20 T1 + 2x1gig Muskin DDR3 1800

Secondary Rig : MSI K9A2 Platinum : Phenom 9850BE stock : ATI Radeon HD 3870 : 4x1gig Patriot Viper DDR 1066

Heatware

frozencpu.com is great!
    GIGABYTE P35-DS3L PENCIL VOLT MOD FOUND HERE!
    Mobo:ASROCK Z77 Extreme4
    Ram: Gskill 2133
    CPU:3570K @ 3.6 Load 1.224V
    Video: Diamond 7970 White box
    PSU: Antec quattro 850
    Storage: 2 velociraptor 150 raid 0, 2 WD 640 RAID 0, Deskstar HDS721010CLA332 back up.
    Water Cooling: Dtec on CPU, 120X3 push pull system
    23782 3dmark 06
    P4542 3DMarks 11
    My Heat

Here in Australia we are very limited to components and mod gear which we can purchase.
    So most of the time I have to source from OS mainly the US.
    I placed a big order with Performance Pc's as they were the only ones that had stock. One of my items was a modded LianLi V2010b PSU plate (almost $50).
    When it arrived, I soon discovered that it was the wrong one. Contacted them and they told me I'd have to ship it back to them (at my expense ).
    I argued with them to no avail, since it was their mistake they should've offered to send me out the right one, or at least pay for the postage.
    Anyhow, sent the dodgy one back to them. They replied that they will make me a custom one and will ship it out to me as soon as it is ready. Received it nearly two weeks later and guess what "DOESN'T FIT". I had to mod it myself. but it is still not a perfect fit.
    I order a lot of stuff from the US and if they treated me the way they should’ve, I’d still be buying from them.
    Performance-PC's see yah.

10 Year Badge
    Benching Profile Heatware Profile Rosetta Profile
    Well, they just sent me a wrong item. Let's see how they handle this. I ordered an AC Freezer Pro 7 rev2 for LGA 1366 with my Rosie RAC Harvest prize $$, and they sent me the old one for 775. While they did ship quick, the sent the wrong item despite the packing slip being signed by two different people. I'll report back with how they handle this.

EDIT: Everyone should be aware of this. From http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...e=shippinginfo:
    Shortages/Wrong Items

* The customer must contact Performance Pc's within 72 hours (not including weekends) of any shortages or mistakes in an order upon delivery date. Any notifications of shortages/wrong items after 72 business hours will NOT be honored! You are expected to open and inspect your delivery immediately after you receive it. Please make sure you dump all packing material out, look for small items being taped to larger ones and even look under the bottom box flaps before you contact us for a shortage. Also please look at your Packing slip on the side of the box. If the items are all checked off and the packing slip is initialed twice in the "Packed by" and "Verified By" spaces; the product should be all included in the box.
    I point this out b/c my shipment arrived Monday, and I just opened it today (Thursday.)
    Last edited by drshivas; 12-09-10 at 07:19 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast