• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krishcanag

Hi

I orginally posted a thread in OS forum;
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=5900771&posted=1#post5900771

Corsair forum administrator says corsair do not gurantee any compatability between RAM sticks.

Basically, if I were to buy 4x 1GB dominator 1066-8500c5d sticks and one were to fail, the only way to be sure to get PC back to 4G would be to order a new 4G unit, because if from the time you first ordered and the time 1 failed you ended up getting a newer version of the same stick with the same manu. code, then you will not be sure if they will work together as I have found having 4.1 and 6.1 they refuse to work together with with 1 stick from each batch.

I do not know any h/w design company that can use the same product code and not inform sellers and buyers what is campatable with what. Its a joke, I wonder if this is true for all memory makers, since this is my first time PC building I don't know the answer.

I see, so would you say anyone ordering 2 seperate units of 2X 1GB to make 4GB is likely to fail? and always order as one unit?

for some reason all my RAM came in a TWIN2X2048 box but what in it is CX2X1024-8500C5D, which is what I ordered, 2x 1G

I got my 2nd new 2x 1GB of dominator RAM, this time it matched my orginal versions, 4.1, all 4 modules are in and running, overclocked CPU as well, no problem.

Moral of the story, if you want to upgrade emeory from 2GB to 4GB, the best solution is to chuck your 2BG in the bin and buy afresh else hope you get same ver. then it will work, else maybe not!!!

Back