Has Microsoft Bricked XP or something?

Lately my and my friend's win XP computers aren't running games properly anymore and even when we reinstall everything clean anything that runs in direct X9 that used to run super fast runs choppy... we're talking battlefield 2 running choppy on a 4850...

What the hell is going on?

can't seem to fix it... have changed every single system component but the hard drives...
    #Pink Team! Theocnoob/Gabby1019/Manu2b *retired/BobbyBubbleHead join us!

500R*2600K@4.7*MaxiumusIVExtreme*Intel510*WDVeloci raptor*8GB1600*GTX980*HX850

did you try rolling back drivers for the 4850?
    i really doubt ms would 'brick' xp like that. try a very fresh install with no windows updates and see what you get
    Heat
    5820k, x99 ud4, 8gb 2133, gtx 470

Forums Super Moderator
    Overclockers.com Lead Editor

10 Year Badge
    Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile
    Sounds like either a driver issue or a hardware fault. Make sure the card isn't overheating.
    David J. Nelson MChem(Edin) PhD(Strath) MRSC [ResearcherID: D-3927-2011] [Google Scholar]
    OC Forums Super Moderator // Overclockers.com Editor

The Workhorse: [Lenovo W510] Intel Core i7-720QM / 8 GB DDR3 / nVidia Quadro FX880M / Crucial M4 256 GB SSD / Windows 7
    The Home Machine: AMD Llano A6-3650 APU / 8 GB DDR3 / Lots of HDDs / Antec Dark Fleet DF-85 Case / Windows 7
    The Benchmarking Setup: Various LGA775 chips / Asus Rampage Formula / 2 GB OCZ 1066 MHz DDR2 / nVidia Quadro NVS 285 / 320 GB HDD / Windows 7 [ Untouched for well over a year ]

My research fellowship is eating all my time, so I may be slow to reply to emails and private messages.

Benching Profile Heatware Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Sounds like either a driver issue or a hardware fault. Make sure the card isn't overheating.

Yup this makes the most sense. If you are running the Cas 8.11 drivers they are pretty well know to massively suck
    All rants I produce are sole property of 127.0.0.1.
    10 types of people understand binary.
    Suck iiiiiitttttttttt. -Shawn Spencer
    Linux is the stepchild of the OS world. "You told me to set 192.168.0.266 ip address", okay >>>Kernel PANIC - Me

If you are both using the same drivers...odds are it is this...I wouldnt think both of you would have the same hardware go out at the same time since you are both having the same issues...