• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5400+ Brisbane

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cadman420

Just got an Athlon 64 X2 Athlon 64 5400+ Black edition, Brisbane, was just wondering if anyone else has this core and what they OC'ed it to, and on what settings. Using WC.

Just got mine yesterday. So far, all I have done is crank the multi from 14 to 15 on stock voltage for 3.0GHz. My Bios is still confusing to me on the new board, but I will play around some more tonight and see what I can do.

I've got 2 X2 5400 BE's. Mine does 3400mhz. The one in my sons computer does 3200mhz. From the posts I've read 3200 mhz seems about average whith some doing a little better.

I am still learning my settings on my Mobo, just looking to see what anyone else has hit. Pulling 3.17 right now.

Well all I have learned so far is that the auto over clock programs both in my BIOS and the stuff that came bundled with my mobo absolutely suck! They BSOD my PC! I had to go as far as resetting the bios manually one time, a major PIA to access that jumper. I cant get above 3.150GHz, that is with stock V 15x multi and a 210 base frequency. The max my mobo will let me take the voltage is 1.375! I dont think this is gonna end up very well.

I cant get above 3.150GHz, that is with stock V 15x multi and a 210 base frequency. The max my mobo will let me take the voltage is 1.375! I dont think this is gonna end up very well.

Jeez, that mobo sound like a piece of crap, even the cheesy Foxconn I returned to newegg would let me hit 1.6v if I so desired. What the heck is that POS?

I'd think you could push it harder regardless of the volts, I hit an apparently stable 249x13 with the Foxconn using stock voltage and about 31c at idle and I don't even have a black edition. Never got a chance to prime95 it to see how stable it really was, but it looks to me like these chips can really scream with not a whole lot of tweaking.

It does sound like something's holding you back, be it the chipset, memory timing/settings, vDIMM, or the mb in general. Hm...

Its a biostar ta790GX, supposidly a decent board from what Ive read on here. Im gonna figure out a way to sink the mosfets before I push any harder.

I have the biostar TF8200 and I have the auto overclocker on this one too. It pushed mine to 3.08 GHz right off. Then I went manuel and pushed the core to 3.25 with the voltage @ 1.45, ran prime95 for 6 hours and was stable. I am going to go alittle bit higher cause it didn't seem like it was really working or having any problems.

Well I have been having the HARDEST time finding a good temp monitoring program that actually gives the right temp so that is holding me back bigtime. I was able to reach 3.2 with 1.39V with 200*16. I have my voltages set to auto so I guess its picking that value by itself. I am using a Rosewill Z1 92mm cooler

For a total of 1.475? Yes, I figured that out after some testing. Still taking it easy since I just found out that brisbanes dont have a legit temp. sensor. This could make things difficult. 3.2 is stable for me but the vCore is 1.45, and the temps rise to about 58C which is too hot for my liking. Gotta get a new case and some mosfet sinks first.

What water cooling are you using? Those temps seem awful high for water cooling, my 5400 BE using 1.5v only does 50-52C at 100% load with a A/C Freezer. Definitely get a heatsink on those MOSFET's with the 790GX they get pretty hot with higher voltages. The Thermalright HR-01 the mounting holes on the TF790GX.

http://www.rebelshavenforum.com/sis-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=45;t=000252

Rebels Haven is a good place for information on the Biostar boards.

Im on air. Yeah, I have been spending some time on that site lately very good Biostar T series info. I was surprised, not an overabundance of Brisbane info on here or there. Seems like its a bit of a dog. Good thing its just getting me by until the PII! I ordered this and I have some old socket A heatsinks I can use so I will have a similar setup to Polygon on rebelshaven. Hopeing for the best.
The only thing that worries me about the HR-09 is if the FETs are not all on the same plane, it may not work effectively.

mine does 3.4ghz but to run it stabily and cool i set to 3.2ghz it runs at 41c
set multiplier to 16 and dont look back my friend

Id be happy with 3.2. I know I can achieve that stably but im gonna wait for my new case so I can run cooler before I do that, but I cant wait. I guess a 400Mhz OC isnt bad for such little effort.

Back