• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New WinXP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rogerdugans

Linux challenged Senior, not that it stops me...
Well, I wouldn't have bought the software, but the new laptop I got from work came with Windows XP Professional. I guess it should be ok since i can't change components around like I do in desktops!

Didn't care for the new ui, so went back to Classic- glad they included the option!

Don't see too much different yet, except that they moved some stuff around. Seems harder to access some stuff than it used to be, but that might be just because I'm so used to the Win2K, WinNT, and Win9x interfaces. Funny how small differences seem harder to get used to than big ones!

I'll probably be in here complaining/ looking for advice sooner or later!

rogerdugans said:
Well, I wouldn't have bought the software, but the new laptop I got from work came with Windows XP Professional. I guess it should be ok since i can't change components around like I do in desktops!

Didn't care for the new ui, so went back to Classic- glad they included the option!

Don't see too much different yet, except that they moved some stuff around. Seems harder to access some stuff than it used to be, but that might be just because I'm so used to the Win2K, WinNT, and Win9x interfaces. Funny how small differences seem harder to get used to than big ones!

I'll probably be in here complaining/ looking for advice sooner or later!

I use the classic Ui as well :D

I used to use 98se but i think that xp is amazing. It boots in no time and is really fast.

Ok, I have one big complaint: this thing doesn't SEEM to be a 1000mhz pc!

I have adjusted the settings that modify cpu usage to max performance and have uninstalled all the bs possible from Toshiba, and this thing doesn't go much faster than my AMD K6 desktops!!!!!!! It has 256mb of ram also.

I know it is a laptop and will run quite a bit slower than a 1ghz desktop, but geez!

I need to tweak the daylights out of WinXP I think- Anyone know of a good tweak site that is xp-specific? Unfortunately I have to be careful of services that FrontPage, Access, SQL Server might use.........
Suggestions?

Back