• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Push/Pull vs push vs pull for Radiator?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
those SAN ACE's are around £19 - are they really worth that over some £4 yate loons??

It depends on how you look at it. Yes they are great fans but are they worth the price to YOU. You can get several YL's for the price of a single SA. I think of it like the difference between TC and Swiftech rads. The TC's are great rads but the Swiftech rads are only a degree or two behind them and are less than half the price. What would give you more airflow, 1 SA or 5x YL's? Some people just want top of the line everything and SA is pretty much top of the line, just like TC rads.

Axis

I've started ordering pieces, I've got a DDC XSPC res top and 10ft of primochill tubing coming from performance pc's and my MCR220 rad and some fittings so far from petras, will probably order the rest over then next week or two.
Oh! and here are pics of wire-managed goodness, in preparation of my new WC setup :D

haha my cables are managed much better then yours :p :thup:

img0107ym9.jpg

if you have some extra cash bro just try the yates...i have some 130 cfm fans here and i used to say the same **** as you "i dont mind the noise" because i didnt!

untill i bought a 120.3 rad from the classies that came with 3 yates and i thought to my self whats the big deal with these silent fans so i ran the pc just with the yates and wow....just wow i cant go back to my 130 cfm fans no way its just so much better quiet it really is

so now i have 9 yates in my rig with 2 120.3 rads and no noise :)

hmmm... I think ill grab 4 yates then... since they're cheap, i'll do a push/pull on my rad, I'm about to go order the rest of my setup (yay!)

hmmm... I think ill grab 4 yates then... since they're cheap, i'll do a push/pull on my rad, I'm about to go order the rest of my setup (yay!)

Get a couple extra while you're at it. At $4/each, it's cheaper to get them now then to order one or two later.

Axis

yea, petras is out of the red and plain ones right now though >.<
I'll wait until they get more and order a few.

yea, petras is out of the red and plain ones right now though >.<
I'll wait until they get more and order a few.

what red plain ones? the red led ones?

i just checked which fans i have in my case i actually have all 3 flavors

the d12sl and d12sm you cannot hear AT ALL (low and med speed)

but the d12sh you can hear not very loud though but if your going for ultimate quietness you cannot use that d12sh

its odd how the d12sh is only 18 cfm higher than the d12sm and makes so much more noise

i have 3sl's and 3sm's and the sh makes more noise than those 6 and my hdd's put together!!! im thinking about replacing both of my sh's now for some sm's

get the d12sm's bro they are better than the low speeds and make the same amount of noise trust me i have both of them lol

and their in stock

http://www.petrastechshop.com/12yalod1cafa1.html

Back