• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I can't figure out how to install this flippin card!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tophinater

I am having in issue getting a IBM T41 (I know its old, its my school comp) set up and running. Everything works on it fine except the wireless card. The one that came with it is an Intel 2100 3B wireless adapter, and for some reason has very slow connection and will disconnect every 20 seconds. I've determined this to be a hardware problem. So, I have another card from another manufacturer (Phillips) that worked just fine in a dead IBM T40 that I want to install in the T41. The problem is, after I install the driver then physically install the card it gives me an 1806 error when I try to boot. The description says that a unauthorized network card is installed and must be removed to continue. This happens directly after post and before the OS starts to boot. I tried flashing the bios and I'm about to try clearing the CMOS (pull battery) but I would like to find a more correct way to go about solving this problem. Can anyone help?

Dodgy card?? try uninstall the drivers then insert the card and boot up and see what happens and if you get up and running then try reinstall the drivers again

It gives me the same error no matter what drivers are or are not installed. I even tried a different card and it does the same thing.

Back