• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Considering switch from t-line to res..suggestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TechtonicPC

Member, formerly Surfrat
I am considering switching from a t-line to a res. I just got a brand new case and am doing a new build.

Case is a Silverstone TJ10 Full Tower.

I've never used a res before, and I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions on what to get, and if even to get one. I like the looks of the Swiftech MCRES Micro Revision 2, but not real sure where I would mount if for the best looks and function.

Also liked the looks of this http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/ekwaekres150.html , but no idea how it mounts or if it comes with mounting options.
????

Also to swap out to metal fittings for each...

I use 7/16 ID tubing. Which fittings would I want: 1/4 - 3/4ID Barb or 1/4 to 1/2ID Barb.

Thanks in advance all.

Last edited:
I have the MCRes 1 and really like it. I put a barb in the top port that leads to my fillport so I can easily fill it. Either one you listed would be fine. It's just finding the right spot to put it.

Axis

Only using two HDDs. Case has plenty of room. I mounted the pump just in front of the fan that is attached to the outside of the HDD casges.

I have no issues with taking up the other 3 HDD slots, just not sure exactly what to do. Does the swiftech fit in the HDD slots? It looks like it is pretty tall, and I assume it has to sit verticle?

ya it has to be vertical.

i second the microres from swiftech. i will no doubt order 2 for my 2 loops once i get the second loop going.

you need 1/2" barbs that are G1/4 thread type. the microres comes with plastic ones that i would switch to metal.

ya it has to be vertical.

i second the microres from swiftech. i will no doubt order 2 for my 2 loops once i get the second loop going.

you need 1/2" barbs that are G1/4 thread type. the microres comes with plastic ones that i would switch to metal.

thank you.

I am looking around inside the case now to see where I could put it that would be out of the way and look decent.

i just made a hole in the top for it to get it as high as possible
that i think made it easyer to bleed and also easyer to fill
just used a waterbottle with a cap that you press to shut it

Back