10 Year Badge

1TB external drive 109.99 at Newegg

Newegg has this drive for 110.00 Free shipping..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822101135
    Alter-Ego Intel i5-2550k@4.0Ghz, Fractal design Arc midi case, ASRock P67 Extreme4 mobo, 4Gb Cosiar Vegeance memory, Kama Cross cooler with Xigmatek 120mm white LED fan, HD6870 video card, blurayburner and player, NZXT 850W power supply,AverTV HD DVR card, 300gb raptor white label harddrive, Samsung 1Tb harddrive, Windows7 Ultimate

Chaos X6--Amd FX-6100 3.3ghz 6 core cpu OC'ed to 4Ghz, Asus M5A88-M micro atx mobo, Apevia micro Atx case, 550w power supply, 4Gb ram, Seagate 1.5Tb harddrive, Lg Blu ray Burner, Windows7 Ultimate

good deal
    phenom II 945 at 3.5
    MSI-NF750-g55
    Gskill 8gb- 1600(oc)
    MSI-9800gts X2 in SLI
    1 tb-WD green
    NZXT case
    Win 7 64 bit

E8400, Asus Formula, 2gb Ballistix 8500, 3870, 74gb raptor, 3x750gb WD750AAKS
    Apogee GTX, MCR-320, MCP350 with Petra's top

Heat

Magical Leopluridon Senior MadMan007's Avatar
    10 Year Badge
    Heatware Profile
    Is it just me or do such large drives on USB 2.0 make other people go

I'd want eSATA at least, Firewire is kind of rare, USB 3.0 is probably when I'll consider a USB external drive though.
    There are three sides to any argument - side A, side B, and the Truth

"This had better be frikkin' important. Is the meadow on fire?"

10 Year Badge
    Heatware Profile
    I use a 1TB usb 2.0 drive for backing up my critical data weekly. Works fine for incremental backups, and you only have to do that one large backup every once and a while...

There's definitely a use for usb 2.0 ... I would prefer esata but I'm not there yet...

SETI Profile Heatware Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by jmorgan View Post
    Anyone know what they actually use in those? I assume its their green power drives and not the Black Edition or whatever? I guess you wouldn't notice the difference unless you were on eSATA anyway, huh?
    mATX Desktop (Build Log Here): Core i7 4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 1.3V, Maximus VI Gene, 16GB DDR3-1600 RipjawX, EVGA GTX780, Intel 520 240GB, Seagate 2TB, EK CPU and GPU waterblocks, MCP35X, 120.1 and 180.1 radiators.
    Microsoft Surface Pro 3.

The Hardware Destruction Thread|OCForums Musicians Club Member -12|OCForums Metal Club Member -12

Well, if he opens the box and its dead, then it would be his fault because the state of the cat is determined by the observer. Then we could be all ‘n00b, you collapsed the wavefunction now! - RoadWarrior, on Schrödinger’s Cat

I run all my video games and programs off of my external hd, using usb 2.0. No problems at all and very fast. Not sure why people have problems with this, but perhaps more advanced usage of computers would require more powerful methods of memory storage/usage.
    We're no here.

Magical Leopluridon Senior MadMan007's Avatar
    10 Year Badge
    Heatware Profile
    Well, I wouldn't use it for programs myself although I suppose it's a matter of what you're used to. The speeds a USB drive gets are probably about the same as drives from 4-5 years ago, I'd be interested to know what the seek times are too though.
    There are three sides to any argument - side A, side B, and the Truth

"This had better be frikkin' important. Is the meadow on fire?"

Well I mean I don't play any intensive games, but for example I use to run HL2 and CSS off of it. I never really found it a problem because the rest of my specs aren't too grand (4 year old laptop using 1.67 ghz pentium m cpu and a 32 mb vram radeon 9600, so not that powerful). For music there isn't a delay at all(well I'm sure there is but it is within miliseconds).

I am a patient guy and speed is not my priority(usually speed = money in cars and computers!!!). Whatever does the trick works for me, and using an external to run everything definitely worked (and was rather conveniant).
    We're no here.