• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommended PSU's - True/Tested

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Updated the OP with the Rosewill Lightning 1300W. Great addition and solid performer according to jonny himself. I was surprised to see that Rosewill was putting out that level of quality..

-D

Updated the OP with the Rosewill Lightning 1300W. Great addition and solid performer according to jonny himself. I was surprised to see that Rosewill was putting out that level of quality..

-D

I recently had experience with a Rosewill battery charger. If anything else is made with the quality of the charger, I wouldn't want it for a doorstop. I exchanged the charger twice and it is still broke. First one had one bay out then the replacements just had yet another bay out. I think they only intended for 3 of the 4 bays to work. By the way, I spent as much on shipping as I did on the unit itself. I finally gave up and bought another brand, about the same price too. It works GREAT. :clap:

I hope the power supply was made by another company. I also know chargers are different from power supplies too.

:D :D

Most rosewills are junk. But if jg says its good, uits good. I don't see the relevence of a battery charger in this thread though.

Most rosewills are junk. But if jg says its good, uits good. I don't see the relevence of a battery charger in this thread though.

My point was about the brand, not the exact product. That is why I put in this statement: "I also know chargers are different from power supplies too."

:D :D

Well if you read the Rosewill Lightning 1300W review:

Lo and behold! We have here a Super Flower Golden Green 1300W, just like the one we reviewed back in May! The only real visual difference between this unit and that other one is the color of the heatsinks!

The Super Flower Golden Green 1300W is already on the recommended power supply list. :thup:

-D

At first Hyundai was a junky car, now look at them... Made a great name for themselves... Have to hand it to them... They are trying... Now to find out who makes them for Rosewill... ;)

Thanks, also dropped 2008 models off the list.. When we hit 2012 I will start taking the 2009's off as well - which should be a good chunk. :D

Diaz,

Would you consider listing EOL / vintage models separately once you drop them from current reviews? They are traded and sold here and are probably offered privately. They are still popular as a spare or a cheap build. That way users can see what ones made your list "once upon a time."

RT

Absolutely agree with the above... Maybe put it in between code tags at the bottom of the post.

"Legacy known good PSU's"

I've been doing PSU reviews with real load testing and component spec checking at Funkykit. In the future I'll be doing them for OCF as well, but as of yet just FK.
There are a couple units that I haven't seen reviewed elsewhere that y'all might want to check out for the list. Or maybe not, I don't know :p
In any case, they're here: http://www.funkykit.com/reviews/7-reviews/60-power-supplies.html

Diaz,

Would you consider listing EOL / vintage models separately once you drop them from current reviews? They are traded and sold here and are probably offered privately. They are still popular as a spare or a cheap build. That way users can see what ones made your list "once upon a time."

RT

You know, I think I just shot myself in the foot.. I never kept a backup of the original post before updating, so the links to the older ones are gone. :(

On the bright side, people can still go on JG and check the ratings on a specific PSU, JG reviews contain a great conclusion where it lets you know what to expect from a specific PSU.

I will definitely keep the 2009 models in this time, but will add them as legacy and so forth.

I see you removed the Corsair TX 750W V2 from the list. Is it because this PSU is too old now? I'm sorry to ask but I finally bought the corsair TX and I thought you removed it due to problems of the PSU

I see you removed the Corsair TX 750W V2 from the list. Is it because this PSU is too old now? I'm sorry to ask but I finally bought the corsair TX and I thought you removed it due to problems of the PSU

Neil,

I think I can speak for Diaz on ths one: It's just an older model and a workhorse but certainly not obsolete or a problem unit. It's been replaced by Corsair with other similar models and power. It's a good unit and was on the 2007-2008 list.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=73

Hello i am getting a new PSU able to DUAL SLI GTX 580 in the future or dual 6970 or 6990

CPU : 2600k
RAM : Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600MHz
HDD : WD 1TB BLACK
Around 6 120mm FANS
Most Likely Air cooling
CPU COOLER : Coolermasster hyper 212 envo

Any suggestions ? Thinking going for corsair 750hx but was told that i need more than that

Updated with the top scorer of the entire list. Seasonic Platinum 1000W modular PSU., thanks RT :D

Back